Monday, April 4, 2022

Sal's on Livingston // The Mytilenean Debate

Dress: Wrapped in Velvet Maxi Dress by Hutch (size 1x) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Bellevues: Laura Evans
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace: Colleen Toland
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
This dress was stunning & I felt beautiful in it. If my size were stable, I would have purchased it. Velvet, dark, mysterious, & sexy...in love. This was a wrap dress & it had a hook & eye closure to keep the neckline in place. I was especially fond of the slit...that began several inches above the knee from an area that looked like a miniskirt...not sure how to describe that (see first photo). The entire dress was perfection. 
It was a bit icy out for heels, but David held my arm as I walked so I didn't fall. 
I bought these Fluevogs with the intention of painting the brown part black, but that obviously hasn't happened. Will it ever?
Black jewelry to heighten the dark & stormy-ness of the dress...this is my first wearing of both this necklace & bracelet. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent; Gold Standard, Electron, & Violet Void eyeshadow by Pat McGrath; MAC lipliner in Grape; UD lipliner in Bang; Flashback lipstick from UD; Ciate lipstick in Fortune; & OPI nail polish. 
I wore this outfit to go out to dinner with David at Sal's on Livingston to check out their new menu...it was like going to an entirely new restaurant...exciting! They did such an amazing job, I hardly cried at all over missing my favorite kimchi wings. We ordered way too much food to share, but we didn't regret any of it. This is their best menu yet, & it has always been fantastic. David started with a Fireside Old Fashioned (Buffalo Trace, Doundrins maple liqueur, cinnamon Demerara syrup, Angostura bitters, orange bitters) & I began the evening with the only familiar thing on the entire menu, Cranapple Cobbler (Noteworthy bourbon, apple cider, cinnamon clove spiced cranberry sauce, lemon juice, simple syrup), which we tried for the first time the last time we dined here. Delightful. Our waitress said it was going away soon, & the next day I looked online...& it had already disappeared. I just adore the Dark Horse logo done in the Dead Kennedy's style...if I wore t-shirts, I might have to get one. 
The first plate that came to the table...French Onion Fondue (house focaccia, gruyere)...followed by Beef Tartare (truffle caper vinaigrette, horseradish snow, fried shallot, Sartori SarVecchio, house flatbread). David chose a Moody Blue as his second beverage (Plantation 3-Star rum, St. Elizabeth allspice dram, blueberry syrup, pineapple juice, lime juice, coconut cream).
My second cocktail: Dreaming of Summer (State Line London dry gin, Chinola passion fruit liqueur, lime juice, grapefruit Fresca). This was the only drink I wouldn't order again...because it was only really good, & not as amazing as all the rest. Weekend Speciality Pie: Gochujang BBQ pork, kimchi, bok choy, sweet chili slaw cheddar, red onion...this was ridiculously good. That was followed by...Ribeye "Au Poivre" (duxelle wontons, peppercorn cognac cream, potato mousseline).
If we HAD to pick a favorite dish, this would have been it...Jalapeño Popper Duck (duck, jalapeño popper polenta cake, jicama slaw, sweet & sour). My final cocktail was a Moody Blue, because I enjoyed David's so much...cocktail envy. David finished the evening with a Winter in Pearadise (Wollersheim Salvatore's single barrel brandy, Doundrins honey liqueur, ginger pear syrup, lemon juice, simple syrup). And the reason everything is so red...all these CDs & red lights on the ceiling. 
After dinner, we headed over to the Overture for opening night of The Mytilenian Debate by Quan Berry. This marimba guy is always out. I miss wearing lace stockings...it's basically the only leg wear I wore in the 80s. And we ran into Lindsay, who was there reviewing the play.
The stage. Such a wonderfully well written play with fantastic casting & acting. We are lucky this play was making its world debut here...we immediately bought tickets to see it again. A leg shot for my boyfriend. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment