Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Vinyl & Blue Moon

Dress: Faye Maxi Dress by Rue Stiic (size XXL) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
This was one of those dresses I tried on & immediately thought...there is no way I'm wearing this...I wasn't loving the mermaid silhouette on my body & the neckline was bra showingly low. After walking around for a bit with it on though, I decided...why not? And ended up really liking it a lot. I tend to gravitate toward fit & flare dresses & it was good to go outside my comfort zone. This was my first dress from this Australian brand & it was well made & the fabric felt good against my skin. There was a hook at the neckline to keep it closed, & with a plunging black bra...it hardly peeked out. The waist & sleeve ends were smocked & there was a pointless zipper on the side that bunched out a bit. I wore a 2-inch heel & it was a perfect length...it was a bit longer in back & would have dragged on the ground without a small heel. 
That flared mermaid bit on the bottom turned out to be my favorite part of this dress...the dots appeared to cascade there & I liked that effect. 
Black & white dotty shoes (a Savers find) with this dress made me happy.
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black; Sin City, Showgirl, & Pink Pearl eyeshadow from Too Faced; Urban Decay lipliner in Ozone; Licorice lipstick by Urban Decay; Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Luxe; & OPI nail polish in Every Month Is Oktoberfest. 
I first wore this dress to hang out with Kate at her place, eat Miko Poke, & listen to records. We were on a 70s roll for a bit...I had no idea how amazing this Stevie Wonder vinyl was...I need it.
For our last spin...Kate put on Dolly & took us into the 80s...with chocolate. 
The second time I wore this outfit was while André was visiting. We drove to Milwaukee so he could watch Manchester City play in a bar with other fans. First, breakfast. It was alright. I had a mimosa while André cheered on his team. 
For dinner...I cooked up a Polish feast...I had made & froze the pierogis & golabki earlier in the week. It was good, but there was not enough tomato sauce for the cabbage rolls. Dessert...Blue Moon ice cream which is (I think) a midwestern thing...it tastes like the milk left over after eating Fruity Pebbles. Unless you have fond memories of it as a kid, you probably won't enjoy it as an adult. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment