Monday, April 11, 2022

Colorful Leopard On A Colorful Cougar

Dress: Painted Leopard Macademia Mallory Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Once upon a time I wouldn't have worn this dress because it had a cowl neck & I greatly disliked them...I think because my chest was so big & it just added to it? Unsure. However, I'm happy to report that while a cowl neck might still not be my favorite, I didn't mind it & the colors on this dress were marvelous...& give me all the leopard print, please. This was a new style of Leota dress for me & the fit was fantastic, like it always is. 
Leopard print shoes that I rarely wear because the background is quite light...but ideal for this dress with its creme background. And of course of all the colors in the dress, I chose to bring out the orange.

Am I a cougar? I think I'm too old for that, but André likes to tease me...also, he's only 6 years younger than me...which I don't think is that much of an age difference once you get in your 40s/50s. 

My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo; Oud, Blazing, Blood Moon, & Cashmere eyeshadow by Huda Beauty; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Heat lipstick from UD; & OPI nail polish in Deutsch You Want Me Baby?
I wore this dress on the second full day André was in Madison visiting me. We began our day out with brunch at The Old Fashioned. We shared my favorite cheese curds in town with garlic dipping sauce...& I enjoyed my standard, Wisconsin Benedict (with a brat patty & mustard creme sauce)...I was obviously hungry (or distracted by my company) as I didn't remember to take photos until after digging in. 
After brunch, we walked over to our beautiful capitol building...where I took the only selfies of us of the entire trip. 
We wandered around State Street...perusing books at Paul's & ducking into a candy shop when it started pouring rain. I bought the dogs stuffed animals to rip apart at St. Vinny's on Willy St. after picking up salmon at "the good coop" next door. Then looking through vintage magazine's at Rick's Olde Gold...searching for pipe ads for André.
That evening, Kate & Jason joined us for dinner & got to meet my boyfriend & eat delicious food. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment