Monday, April 18, 2022

The Mustard Museum

Dress: Colorblock Rib Knit Dress by Hutch (size 1x) via Nuuly (it's $20 off if you join now instead of the typical $10)
Shoes: Fluevog, Bellevues: Mary Fields 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
The colors on this were so unexpected...& weird? together...that I nearly didn't select this dress from Nuuly...but I always love this brand, a sweater dress is a good winter item, & I adore unusual color combinations. The vertical stripes on the bottom & the color blocking up top were well done. The fit & length were spot on...while I love a to the floor maxi, this just above ankle length allows the shoes to shine a bit more.
And check out the shoes...these Fluevogs were a perfect match for the dress, as were the tights. I'd rent this dress again just for the shoes. The second time I wore this outfit, I had to wear some burgundy Clarks because it had snowed out & Fluevogs are not practical in bad weather. Blah. 
Most often, jewelry with color wins out...but since I didn't have a good match on any of the colors in the dress...I chose this heart locket for the way the shape complimented the v-neckline. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in 1999; Bang Bang, Turn On, Bing, Devilish, & Ambitious eyeshadow by UD; Bite Beauty lip liner in 30; Keepsake & Locket lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics; & OPI nail polish in Queen of West Web-erly. 
New necklaces from Gayle at Green Goddess Vintage Jewelry...she always throws in matching earrings...so sweet & thoughtful.
I think I got this short poem from Kate? A velvet nightdress from Anthropologie. And making pierogi...sauerkraut shiitake & potato with Hooks 5 year cheddar. 
Breakfast on a snowy morning with my boyfriend at Original House of Pancakes was yummy...I hadn't been there in years. I had waaaay too much food...a spinach omelette with mushroom sauce, 3 buttermilk pancakes, hash browns with cheese, coffee, & fresh squeezed orange juice. 
After breakfast...we headed over to The National Mustard Museum...where André promptly won himself a mustard by tossing rings. 
He also bought some from the only mustard vending machine in the world. It was actually a really fun quirky museum. After we were done looking through it...we sampled all the mustards we desired on pretzels with the nice lady who was working there. Then we visited Chris Farley at Resurrection Cemetery. And sweet André shoveled my driveway when we got home. I made us ribeye steak for dinner with sides of roasted cauliflower & miso butter onions. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment