Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Milk Carton Kids // Friday Night Fish Fry

Dress: Green Plaid Collar Dress by Smak Parlour (size 0x) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK, gifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Dr. Martens, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 43-41-57
Putting out the cute schoolgirl vibe in this plaid dress with a Peter Pan collar. I adored this green & black plaid print...the fit & length were great, but I would have liked the dress more without the collar. I nearly wore black knee highs, but felt that was overkill. 
The cropped green cardigan wasn't really the right shade of green, but I didn't want to wear another sweater I had to tie to make fit.
Freshly dyed hair...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black; Damaged, Toxic, & Dope eyeshadow by Urban Decay; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; UD lipliner in Bang; NYX lipstick in 507; Toast lipstick from Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Rising Star. 
I made Golabki while listening to Polish tunes...this has always been a favorite & reminds me of both of my grandmas..."I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me." My hairdresser, Sigrid, told me about a lash growth product her co-worker loves, so I took a photo at the beauty supply so I'd remember to ask her if this is the right one...& I still haven't done it. We've been looking for years for the right address numbers to put on the house...& David found this guy in the Ukraine...talk about terrible timing. He sent us this photo of the sign he made us, perhaps we'll get it someday. It looks fabulous. 
I first wore this outfit to see Milk Carton Kids at Stoughton Opera House...front row. Kaia Kater opened.
Kaia was great...but Milk Carton Kids blew me away...they were amazing. Not only were they musically talented, but they had such a wonderful rapport & obviously have been friends for a long time...also, funny chitchat & stories between songs. The next night, The Small Glories were playing at the opera house, but I decided not to go because my boyfriend was flying in to visit me & even though shows let out there by 10, it was cutting it close & too much excitement in one evening for me to handle. 
I didn't take any photos the night André arrived, so I'll post that outfit photo at a later date...since I wore it for other things as well. He brought treats...bagels from New York & something I'd never heard of before, rainbow cookies...which were quite tasty & made a lovely breakfast with our coffee. After our morning meal, we perused a thrift shop & an antique store...I kind of fell in love with this painting. 
After a bit of browsing vintage bits & bobs...we went to Culver's so André could try a ButterBurger. I had a few bites of his, but I was saving my hunger for fish fry. We went to The Esquire Club for Friday night fish fry...because it's the most Wisconsin thing there is. And of course, I had a brandy old-fashioned. But why? Why didn't I take any photos of him or selfies of us?! Too twitterpated I guess. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment