Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The One That Got Away, or...What Was I Thinking?!

 Dress: Smocked Waist Maxi by tbaglosangeles (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (sign up using my link & I get a free garment upgrade for a month)
Sandals: Born
Earring: circa 1990
Bracelets: garage sale finds
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this maxi to work & garage-sale-ing. I've got a love/hate relationship with tbags...2 of their dresses were my very favorites...The Goddess Dress, why didn't I buy this one??! And this fabulous maxi, which comes in a distant second. This particular dress was ok for one wear, but it was tight across my belly & I disliked the pattern. I feel most of the tbags garments are awkward on me with the exception of the above two.
Garage Sale finds of the day...check out that goofus glass grapes vase I scored for $1!
The one that got away. There were a pair of these refinished harp back chairs for $12!! $12 for the PAIR of them...I took a photo & left them there...what was I thinking?!
I still remember buying these earrings in spring of 1990 while we were in Chicago to see Madonna. They were $50, which seemed like an extravagant amount of money at the time & I nearly left the store without them...but this was the first pair of shoulder duster earrings I'd ever seen, so I splurged. 
I threw away all my bangle bracelets I collected in high school, another what was I thinking moment. I've been picking up interesting ones at garage sales this summer so I can eventually have a whole armful again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment