Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sephora Smokey Eyes Make-up Class

 Dress: Maxi Dress from T-Bags Los Angeles via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free month)

Shoes: Born

Necklace/Bracelet/Earring: Vintage

Photography: Kate, Me, Friendly Sephora Saleswoman 
I wore this stunning dress last Sunday to go out to dinner at Brasserie V with friends, to a Sephora after-hours make-up class, & to see some bands at High Noon. 

This dress! O! M! G! LOVE!! I fell in love with the colors of this dress & decided to take the plunge and request it from Gwynnie Bee even though it didn't come in my size, 4x. The 3x fit perfectly. It was soooo comfortable & flattering! My only complaint is...you couldn't finish the hem, T-Bags?! I really don't understand. This dress is over $200 & an unfinished hem really cheapens the look. I was most likely the first person to wear this dress so the bottom looked good, but another T-Bags dress I've gotten since then (also with an unfinished hem) had obviously been worn & cleaned several times...so the hem curled up, exposing the underside of the fabric. Not a good look. Otherwise, I felt like a goddess in this gorgeous dress. 
I've gotten my make-up done several times at Sephora & it's always fun, but it is difficult to do with friends as they aren't often able to seat you next to each other...plus I'm nearly blind without glasses or contacts, so I can't see what's going on anyway. I was chatting with my favorite saleslady about how 4 of us wanted to come in together to get make-up done, and she suggested the Sunday evening classes. We chose the smokey holiday eye class. They set up tables that seated up to 4 people each & the class began as soon as the store closed....then we had the place to ourselves! 
I decided to go with a purple smokey eye because of the dress I was wearing & the Sephora ladies were SO accommodating! They had put products out on each table, but I wanted different things and there were also some products I specifically wanted to try and each time I asked, they happily ran off to get me what my little heart desired. All 3 women were friendly and attentive to our every need & question. There were only about 10 of us in the class, so one of the salesladies was always available to help. They would demo part of the look, then we would try it on our own while they walked around & helped us. The find of the class for me was a smudge brush...smudge brush, where have you been all my life?! I loved how it smudged the eyeliner between my lashes as well as blurred & blended my shadow. 
When we were done playing with make-up, we could shop & get more help from the wonderful Sephora girls. One of them even patiently took our picture. I was talked into wearing this PINK lipstick...I have not worn pink lipstick since high school. I liked it so much I bought it. Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Aria. It really did stay put the rest of the night and felt great on. 
Kate wearing a vintage silk sari skirt at Sephora...& later dancing at the High Noon to Dark Clan & Null Device. 
I was so excited to be able to take this set out of my jewelry case for the night! I haven't worn these since the 90s! Gorgeous watermelon rhinestones...all 3 were bought at different times. I turned one of the stones over because I think the back of the setting is just as pretty as the front. 

4 comments:

  1. I love your outfit--that vintage jewelry is gorgeous and goes perfectly with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! The whole ensemble was sooooo much fun to wear.

      Delete
  2. So much to squeal about in this entry, my gosh! That magnificent dress with those perfect, dramatic watermelon rhinestones -- I've never seen the like, and I'm coveting them. And the fun of a small night time Sephora class and shopping, and your lovely smoky eyes and Kate's! That looks like a great rich plummy pink lipstick, too.

    I still don't think I've mastered the smoky eye, but I'm getting closer, now that I'm using shadow primer, doing 2-3 layers of mascara, and layering a line of damp black or brown eyeshadow over my stick eyeliner. I've also learned to save the undereye concealer for last, as it will cover whatever fallout I can't brush away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah- Do you have a smudge brush? It has finally made my smokey eyes smokey.

      Delete