Friday, December 6, 2013

James Beard House Preview Dinner at Graze/L'Etoile

 Dress: Igigi (several years ago)

Shoes: American Eagle

Necklace, Pin, & Bracelet: Vintage

Earring: etXarte

Nail Polish: Emerald Sparkle from China Glaze

Photography: Kate, Super Boo, & Me
Kate & I decided to attend this dinner in place of going out for a fancy feast on NYE like we normally do. It was delicious. What I remember most was the soft pillowy gnocchi from the first course. I took a cooking class from Tory Miller (chef/owner of L'Toile/Graze) years ago where he made gnocchi, so I have his recipe...I think it's time to dig it out & attempt to recreate this heavenly delight. 

The theme for this year's dinner at The Beard House in NYC was the end of prohibition (since it was on the 5th, the day prohibition actually ended in 1933), so each course came paired with a craft cocktail. Tory generously shared a preview of this dinner he would make on the 5th with those of us in Madison on the 1st. It was lovely, but like many special events at restaurants, was seated family style. I'm not that social. 
I actually wore my own clothes out for this evening, but only because I didn't have anything appropriate from GB. I could have ironed the waist sash, but I don't know where my iron is because I haven't used it in years. Kate & I both own this green velvet dress from Igigi & I've worn it a handful of times over the years. Kate is wearing the pintuck sheath dress by London Times from GB in a size too big, but it still looked cute on her, but perhaps did not have that va-va-voom effect it would have had if it had been hugging her curves properly. 
The lighting in both restaurants is very flattering, but not so conducive to good photos. The L'Etoile bathroom was the brightest spot we could find. 
I love this copper L'Etoile wall in the entrance. 
I am always happy to have a chance to pull out my fancier glittery pieces of jewelry & wear them out. This Miriam Haskell necklace is one of my favorite pieces by my absolute favorite designer of vintage jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment