Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Experiments in Pattern Mixing IV

 Top: Dotty Faux Wrap Top from Sejour via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free month)

Skirt: Lane Bryant

Shoes: Easy Spirit 

Necklace: Me

Earring: etXarte

Photography: Super Boo & Me
I was planning on wearing this top with a plain black skirt, then I saw this dotty skirt in my closet. I think Kate told me it was too busy, but I really like it. This top was so soft and comfy, I had to buy it at GB's ridiculously low price. 

I was super excited to find these burgundy shoes among the shoes I never wear. Super Boo & I had oiled my most often worn leather shoes & I was letting them sit a few days to really soak in. It was the strangest thing. I got to work & went about arranging the room the way I liked & I saw what looked like a chunk of sole on the floor...I threw it out, then saw another one...& checked the bottoms of my shoes. They were falling apart. I had only worn these shoes a few times before & the soles looked perfect when I put them on in the morning. I wrote a letter to Easy Spirit, but they didn't have much to say & just sent me a form letter in return. Sadness. 

2 comments:

  1. The overwhelming opinion on live journal is that these pieces are nice..but are too much together. I don't know why...I just don't see it that way. I'm glad people were honest with me though. I like feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to be a dissenting voice - random person who arrived here via gwynnie bee thinks that those two pieces are totally awesome together.

    ReplyDelete