Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Day We Made Rubber-bands for Dinner

 Dress: Shirred Surplus Dress in Cactus Flower by Lands End via Gwynnie Bee (if you use this link to sign up, I get a free garment for a month)
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Earring: etsy
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to work, run errands, & poke around garage sales. I loved this dress. Loved. I did not love the shape this dress came to me in...faded, pilled, & pulled with no belt. I would have bought this dress because look how pretty I look in pink! The dress itself was amazing, the kind of easy to wear, flattering, comfortable dress you can pull on all summer long (this was the end of August, I'm still catching up from the time I took off to study for the exam. Oh, by the way...we passed!!!!). The print & colors in this dress were lovely. 
Super Boo & I are both good cooks, but once in a while...you've got to chuck it all in the bin & go out for dinner. We bought some black bean pasta...because it looked fun...I sautéed some gorgeous sungolds & used basil from our garden. This pasta tasted like rubber bands...it was disgusting. Then, nothing sounded good...hangry. Rocky Rococo's Pizza salad bar. I hadn't been there in years, but I was craving it. We don't get out much to chains since we prefer to support our many delicious local restaurants. I'm sure the employees thought I was mad as I marveled at their amazing soda machine. So many choices! And once you make a selection, I chose Dasani Sensations, another menu of options appear of all the various flavors....I had fun playing with it. Orange Coke is not so good. 
My treasures below all came from one garage sale...hello, pretties...
Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette is universally flattering on everyone. I reach for it more than any other eyeshadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment