Saturday, October 18, 2014

YumYum Fest

 Dress: Phoebe Dress in Darling Mums by Cherry Velvet (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use this link to get your first month for $10 & I'll get a free garment upgrade for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Cardigan: Jessica Howard (size 24)
Hat: Target
Sandals: Born
Necklace: Vintage Miriam Haskell
Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this ensemble to the first ever YumYum Fest with Kate & Super Boo. This dress nearly didn't make it out of the house...but look how well it goes with my hat! I had to make it work. Other than being too white, it was too tight...this is my regular Cherry Velvet size, but this one runs a tad small...but I was going to be standing the whole time at the food fest, so it was perfect! Also, I managed not to get *any* food on me...who am I?? 
My first stop was Heritage Tavern, which ended up being my favorite food item of the day. Porchetta with chili aioli, stone ground mustard, pickled red onion, basil on a bun, topped with chicharone. Soooooo good. 
All the food was excellent & local. And yummy enough to deserve at least 2 yums. 
Our dessert, blueberry shortcake with coconut foam, was so delicious that Kate sucked on the wrapper it came in. 
Just as good as the food, were the drinks! Barmadillo, a renovated 1956 Airstream Trailer, served me a most delightful drink, a Lemon Zeppelin, made with Lillet Blanc, lemon, ginger pineapple shrub, bittercube bitters, & bubbles. Then there were rosé slushies & snowcones! And Mrs. Holloway, a cherry chocolate chili ginger bubbly drink. I like bubbles. 
This hat! I had tried it on at Target while Kate was picking out belts, but I left the store without it...but I couldn't stop thinking about how marvelous it was...so I went back & it was on clearance for $4.50! I love it & it was most needed on this sunny sunny day. 
The bartender at the Barmadillo stopped mid-sentence to tell me...you're so bright! I'm not sure he meant it as a compliment, but I felt like someone's ditzy aunt all day & it was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment