Monday, May 9, 2022

The House of Balls // Paisley Park // Orlando

Dress: Velvet Burnout Midi Dress by Hutch (size 1x) via Nuuly
Boots: Fluevog, Enneagram: Spontaneous 
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
Oh, my...in love! I had another dress made of the same fabric, but I think this one is my slight favorite. Which do you like better? The velvet & colors were just exquisite & lush...& the smocked waist gave it the perfect fit. I wouldn't change a thing. 
This could be worn on or off the shoulders...
It was snowing the day we took the photos (the day of the concert).
I adore these shiny comfy Fluevog boots...
Purple accessories & make-up...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent; Celestial, Drama, Dreamer, & Dazzling eyeshadow from Anastasia Beverly Hills; MAC lipliner in Grape; Spiced Plum lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Hollywood & Wine. 
I wore this dress for our only full day in Minneapolis...which began with takeout breakfast in the hotel from French Meadow Cafe. Kate doesn't feel comfortable eating in restaurants yet, so we ate outside or ordered out...& she found fabulous food choices for us. This was the best salmon eggs Benedict I've ever had. Instead of an English muffin...it was just made on top of sautéed spinach...the salmon was perfectly cooked, as were the poached eggs...& the hollandaise sauce was superb...crispy hash browns & my first ever avocado toast was amazing. I don't know how it traveled in boxes & still managed to be so tasty. 
After breakfast, we went to The House of Balls...I mean, who could say no to that?! The artist himself greeted us as he worked in the yard...& on the way out he asked us to tell him who we were in 10 words or less...we couldn't manage it...but I'm sure he's used to that disappointment. 
Creative found art & sculptures inside & out...so much to look at. I especially liked this revolving door that took you from one room to the next. 
Wearable art...pictured on several different women...
Mixed Blood...this beautiful building & it's name caught my eye as we were driving away from House of Balls... it turns out Mixed Blood is a theatre company. Prince mural...doesn't quite look like him though. And then it was on to Paisley Park! 
The girlie & I wore purple in anticipation of this tour. Soooo exciting! We had to give up our phones upon entrance & didn't get them back until the final concert room. There were so many fabulous parts of the tour, but my favorite was the entire room of Prince's shoes...amazing. 
It was really emotional to see Paisley Park, Prince's office, his recording studio, & so many things he had a personal hand in creating...from decorating, to art, to his clothing. Kate, Jason, & I sat where I would have chosen to sit had Prince been performing for us in his little club...I shut my eyes & imagined he was there. 
Kate picked another remarkable restaurant for dinner, Hai Hai...tasty Vietnamese food & cocktails. I began with a drink, Tour Bus Tales (gin, ginger, lemongrass, Thai basil piña drinking vinegar, cava). This place had at least 4 different awesome tropical wallpapers...I was especially fond of the bathroom lemurs. I ordered Fried Brussels Sprouts (Nam jim herb vinaigrette, nam prik num roasted green chile paste, pork belly, puffed rice) & a Vietnamese Crepe with Pork Belly & Shrimp (crispy turmeric & coconut milk rice flour crepe, bean sprouts, onion, served with lettuce, herbs, nuoc cham & eaten as a lettuce wrap). 
YUM! This meal was delicious...thanks for a day of excellent culinary experiences, girlie! 
After dinner, we went to Theatre Pro Rata to see their production of Sarah Ruhl's Orlando.
I love this playwright, so I was thrilled to see another one of her works.
Back in Madison...the dog bed we ordered on Etsy from a woman in Ukraine arrived...& the dogs immediately knew it was for them. 
I also wore this outfit to see a concert at Stoughton Opera House, Jeffrey Foucault with Erik Koskinen opening (& playing in his band). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment