Monday, May 30, 2022

Coq au Vin // Film Fest

Dress: Boho Paisley Banded Perfect Wrap Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I adored this dress...pretty much the same dress from my last post, but the pattern & colors were SO much more me. I especially liked the contrasting colors (same pattern) on the neckline & belt. Leota always fits me great, with the exception of having to pin the neckline closed...however, they have solved that problem (finally) by including a snap. 
Despite so many colors to choose from, this dress was surprisingly difficult to match jewelry to. 
This nail polish from ILNP, Misery, has become one of my new favorite polishes...they declare it is a fiery burnt orange with glowing metallic flakes...but it also skews a bit red & it really is a great neutral on me. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roxy; Laurel, Jasper, & Morning eyeshadow from Natasha Denona; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Heat lipstick by UD; & ILNP nail polish in Misery.
I first wore this dress to have our friend elly's husband, Josh, over for dinner...I mean, he's our friend too...I've just known elly a lot longer. I made Coq au Vin, Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Pickled Red Onion, Esme's Rough Squash Mash, & Almond Cake. Josh brought along a selection of Amaro, including one he made. 
Josh also made us some cocktails, starting with a Paper Plane.
There was also a Jungle Bird after dessert. It was a delicious meal with fabulous company. 
I also wore this dress to work, to attend film fest, & thrift store shopping with David. Kate, David, & me outside of our theater. I really liked these yellow Boden flats, but at a size 38, they were too tight on me. I did get this cardigan though, plus a black one, both size medium...it is nice to have a few cardigans that fit & I've especially appreciated having the black one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment