Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Elkhorn Antique Flea Market

Dress: Antoinette Ruffled Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 22) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $10 off)
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 46-43-60
This was such a gorgeous vintage inspired lace dress...I just wish I had gotten it in the proper size. Had it not been too big on me, I would have adored it. The color was unique & I loved the different lace patterns...especially the one that reminded me of leopard spots.
There didn't seem to be any good way to cover up my scarred legs. Skin toned hosiery would have worked, but I don't like the way that looks with tattoos peaking through. And luckily I had picked up these neutral lace print shoes at Savers because nothing else I had worked. 
This dress is so different from anything I usually wear...it reminds me of the 50s lace thrift store dresses I used to find a lot in the 80s. It was crying out to be paired with pearls. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Bourbon eyeliner by Urban Decay, Kat von D Fetish eyeshadow palette, 714 lipliner by UD, Russian Red lipstick from MAC, & OPI nail polish in Tell Me About It Stud. 
I first wore this dress to work, get these pictures taken, & pick up a few things at the Tuesday market...accordion player, I've missed him. Then I wore it again to go to downtown Saturday market with the girlie...where we matched...& she pushed me around the entire square in my wheelchair. 
At home..we immediately used the sungold tomatoes for BLTs...delicious. I love an all market meal. With raspberries for dessert. A Saturday retro 80s music night on Twitch. 
Up early the next day for Elkhorn. We nearly skipped this one since...do we really NEED anything...& because the final one (in September) is so good. But the weather was gorgeous & I have FOMO. I've been collecting bits of lamps & vintage bobs to make jewelry holders out of...this guy makes some nice ones. We immediately bought 2 crowns from him & a display (pictured later). I've been eyeing (& photographing) these corn elevator/plant holder things every time we go...we finally bought 2...one with 2 buckets & one with 3. We will hang them from the pergola David built in the backyard. A corner butterfly bench! I will paint this one in rainbow colors like the other one we have. 
Sometimes being in a wheelchair is useful...also, I get a lot of sympathetic looks from women who think David is abusing me. This colorful muumuu did not come home with us...but it was spectacular. This doctor's buggy was in fantastic shape. Rusty things with plants in them...totally my thing. 
This woman was extremely impressive...all the make-up & fake lashes...if telephones were still a thing, I would have had to have this elephant phone. I probably should have gotten it anyway. The best outfit of the day goes to this green 60s dress. I fell in love with the etching on this pretty (falling apart) mirror...David has assured me he can fix it. 
I spied these 2 metal cabinets & David got them to store things in in his shop...$80 for both of them! Kitchen chairs, since mine is falling apart...one was already in David's office so I have a place to sit, another is in my closet, & the final one we'll store. Plant stand...I'll paint this a brighter color. 
Our first purchase of the day...rusty crowns. A brass lion bucket for keeping drinks cold around the fire pit. A copper bucket. And an antique hand truck that David immediately put to use. 
Some lovely gold mirrors for in the bedroom. Jewelry display...with a vintage belt like I used to have a bunch of when I was in high school & a black & white lucite bracelet. 
Pansy box for the closet. And so many pretty purses. 
A fleur de lis mirror for my make-up/jewelry room, a brass handle David liked, 2 vanity mirrors with a metal purse & 2 vintage bracelets, & a cherub box. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment