Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Knee Replacement Surgery

Dress: Geo Print Black Peri Dress by Donna Morgan (size 16) via Gwynnie Bee 
Leggings: LuLaRoe via eBay (size TC2)
Sandals: ?, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 46-43-60
This dress pattern is a bit...modern? for me...but I loved all the colors. I've been closeting both 18s & 16s on GB & forgot to put the 16 on hold...but I got lucky & it was a great fit. So, I'd say this dress runs a tad big...but it's also just a relaxed fit. There is a drawstring waist, but it's decoration only & does not cinch it tighter. The neckline was too high for me, but I liked the elastic at the ends of the sleeves (easy to push up) & the keyhole in back. 
I'm just gonna keep going for the loud pattern mixing...because, why not? This was the last outfit I wore before getting my knee replaced the next day. So, this *could* have been my last outfit ever. But it wasn't. 
This was my first time wearing these earrings...I consider them ~once a month, but other ones always win out. This might? be the first time wearing this necklace in the history of the blog...I've had it since I bought it at a garage sale in the 80s. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Blaze, Radio, & Wanderlust eyeshadow from UD; NXY lipliner in Orange County; Bang lipstick by UD; & OPI nail polish in Green on the Runway. 
Prepping me for knee replacement surgery (my first ever surgery), after waking up, & sitting in a recliner in my room after walking the hallway & up & down stairs. They told me if I did those things, I wouldn't have to spend the night. They lied. I'm glad I spent the night...also, my first ever night in the hospital...so many firsts. 
After finding out I'd be spending the night...David went home to make us food. The nurses were confused as to why I didn't just order off the menu, but I wanted good nutritious food immediately after surgery (& always). So while I sat in my hospital room...I watched Michael Waite & many friends play live from the U.P. And look at the amazing sunset out my window. 
David is magical...it's a 45 minute drive from our house to Sauk, but this salmon was the best he's ever made. He warmed bricks in the oven & placed them in the cooler to keep everything hot...it was exactly medium rare, the skin was crispy, the veggies just right, & it was all the perfect temperature...how does he do it?! All the pain meds overnight had me feeling a bit queasy, so I caved & ordered a bacon cheddar omelet from the kitchen in the morning. My first look at my incision. Yikes! And my first meal at home...another expertly cooked fish dish from David...Ahi tuna on a bed of mixed veg. I requested all seafood for the first few weeks for healing. 
Surprise beautiful flowers sent to me by my parents. Whole mackerel cooked en papillote stuffed with a mix of fresh herbs from our garden, lemon, & a variety of sautéed veggies: cauliflower, shiitake, sweet & hot peppers, white wine, & evoo. In bed. DJ on Twitch. 
My first day of PT. Drinking all the bone broth David had made me a few weeks before...doing my best to heal. I walked down to the basement for the first time to watch tv & eat a meal...scallops with roasted zucchini with a garlic/mayo/horseradish dipping sauce...& the last apple off our tree. 
Kate & Jason came to visit! But the girlie still would not get close to me for fear of making me sick. 
More DJs playing tunes. And my favorite, salmon. Overall, the knee surgery was not that bad...it was painful at times, but not the worst I've ever experienced. And for once, I listened to everyone & did my PT twice a day...& that was the most painful part, so I understand why some people don't do it...but I cried & kept going.        

 

4 comments:

  1. Keeping a good thought for you and your knee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it. My knee healing is going great, however other health issues cropped up. Getting through it though.

      Delete
  2. Been following you forever, laughing, crying, FEELING real adult people feelings when I see you and read your thoughts here! Here's to a great recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaynn! Thank you so much...what a lovely compliment. My knee recover is going great, however other health issues popped up. I'm pushing forward though.

      Delete