Wednesday, September 29, 2021

SistaStrings // Klassik

Skirt: Book Club Skirt by Eva Rose (size 2x) via Gwynnie Bee
T-Shirt: Lane Bryant, custom printed by The Shitty Barn
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Shoes: Converse
Earring: former Etsy shop
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
How adorable is this skirt?! In love. I mean, aside from being books, which is awesome...the colors are just great. It came to me brand new, nice stiff cotton with no stretch & pockets. I was inspired to create a casual outfit around it which is not something I really do. 2 weeks after knee surgery, I had tickets to see a concert alone at The Shitty Barn...so I put this together with that in mind. 
Back in 2019, I asked the lovely barn people if they would print a shirt for me if I brought them one...& then never wore it...because I don't often wear t-shirts & then 2020 happened. I tried to make this size 26/28 wearable by tying it up...but *shrug* at least I got to wear it finally. I really like this green & I'll have to see if I can alter it to be more presentable. 
I found these peach Converse at TJ Maxx 3-4 years back while looking for citrus covered Converse that many of the stores were carrying at the time...their first wearing. I loved Converse high tops in high school, but the low tops appeal more to me now. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay Electric Empire eyeliner, Mediteranee eyeshadow duo by Nars, NYX lipliner in Orange County, Habanero lipstick from MAC, & OPI nail polish in Living On the Bula-vard!
Whenever I'm feeling anxious...I have 2 places I go to in my head to calm me down. Lake Superior will always be my happy place...but The Shitty Barn is a close second. 
I first wore this outfit on Labor Day when Kate & Jason came over to visit me for the first time since my surgery. David made us fresh coho salmon flown in from Alaska roasted in the oven with garlic, cumin, smoked paprika...served with a relish of plum tomatoes, shallots, kalamata olives, capers, oregano, lemon juice...with romanesco broccoli & purple cauliflower...yum. A break from seafood...ribeye steak with sweet potatoes the next day. 
2 weeks since my knee replacement...visiting the surgeon to get the staples out on Tuesday, ouch. Healing is going well! Shrimp salad with avocado, cilantro, & evoo/lime dressing...raspberries. 
And then everything went downhill...the day I had the staples out, my right foot started hurting, but my PT person said it was probably everything settling in after surgery & it would work itself out. By Thursday when I saw her, it was swollen & incredibly tender...she recommended going to urgent care. At urgent care...they tested me for stuff & things...all of which looked fine. They suggested I go to the ER for further testing. In the end...after an entire day of poking & prodding...they decided I had ligamentitis & gave me a boot to wear. This didn't feel right to either of us, but home we went. And...I had to miss my Shitty Barn concert because I couldn't walk & it was too late to get there on time anyway. 
Pan fried scallops with roasted zucchini & a mayo/garlic/horseradish dipping sauce. My first time in a Cabela's...there was taxidermy everywhere! We were on the hunt for hiking shoes...something with good ankle support that my PT person had been suggesting. Amanda live from New Zealand.
After finding nothing at Cabela's...we drove to Black Earth to shop at The Shoe Box, at Angie's suggestion. Did you know the pandemic has created a hiking shoe/boot shortage? I still managed to find some pretty purple shoes that fit the bill...& look like something that would match every hiking outfit Kate owns. By Monday, the pain had gotten worse & transferred to my other foot as well. David managed to get me an emergency appointment with our podiatrist the next day. David had asked urgent care & the ER to test me for gout, but they both told him it wasn't presenting as gout. After our podiatrist tested me for a few other scary sounding things...David asked him about gout...he shrugged & said...sure, get that test done on the way out. Guess what I have? A uric acid level of 9.5...gout. I've never had gout before. But wait, there's more...back in 2018, I had a terrible case of Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis...it was incredibly painful & disgusting & left me with scars all over my lower legs, ankles, & feet. It took quite a while to diagnose & I was on a super high dose of prednisone for several months. So, while sitting in the chair at the podiatrist's office...I noticed a vasculitis sore on the top of my left foot. At that point...I was ready to give up. Why was my body attacking me? I've been trying so hard to take care of myself & I worried I waited too long. 
At The Shitty Barn with Kate & Jason...I finally get to wear my outfit I put together for the barn! This would not have been possible without all the help of Kate & Jason. They were awesome! I had to use my walker to walk & there was no way I could have set up a chair by myself. They even brought extra chairs so we could sit & picnic. AND...they brought delicious kelp noodles with peanut sauce & tofu. I brought some red curry tofu & raspberries. 
We were there to see SistaStrings...who Kate & I saw back in August. I was not excited about the opener, Klassik, because I'm not typically a fan of rap. 
Inside the barn...
Klassik...wow, did this guy win me over...I ended up buying his vinyl (& not just because it was purple). He made me tear up...what's the point of music if it doesn't make you feel? And SistaStrings (actual sisters) were fabulous. 
They ended the night doing a song all together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment