Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Heritage Tavern

Dress: Bougainvillea Daydream Dress by Effie's Heart (size 2x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: former Etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 46-43-60
Oh, Effie's Heart...I love you so. The colors in this dress were spectacular. I must own this dress. I just wish it came in another style as there was a slightly off pocket placement. Otherwise, perfection. 
I was pleased with how well the color of these teggings went with the dress as nothing else came close. 
I currently have a closet full of clothes that don't fit me. It makes me sad...especially since I have over 100 dresses that I never got around to wearing. Going forward in life...I only want to own clothes that I LOVE (like this dress). Some day I will go through my closet & make piles of stuff to get rid of & stuff to get altered. But now it's too difficult to spend much time in there. I mean...they are just clothes, right?! But I spent a lot of time & money curating my collection & I'm not even sure how to start over. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue; Carnelian, Citrine, & Agate eyeshadow by Natasha Denona; MAC lipstick in Head in the Clouds; & OPI nail polish in Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire!
I wore this dress to have dinner outside at my favorite restaurant, Heritage Tavern, with my adoring husband. This was our first time eating out at an actual restaurant together since February 2020. 
Delicious menu, as always...some standards are still missing, but I heard they just recently added back their famous deviled eggs. I don't think I've ever come here & not had them. We were lucky to be able to enjoy some through take-out a few times last year. 
A glass of Cava to start off my evening...
David had an Ancho & Leftie (black pepper infused Rayu Mezcal, Milagro Silver, Ancho Reyes chili liqueur, lime juice, agave nectar). Deviled eggs!!! Oh, I've missed you...the spicy tuna was particularly scrumptious. And our favorite plate of the evening...a total shocker for me...lamb tartare. I dislike lamb, but I told David I'd take a bite if he wanted to order it. The only disappointing thing about it was that it was a special & we're not likely to ever eat it again. 
Next up, Octopus & XO (grilled octopus, clams, XO, confit fingerling potatoes, pickled leek, chili crisp, grilled bread)...followed by Crispy Pork Belly, Tuna, & Foie Gras (Heritage pork belly, sashimi tuna, foie gras, pickled mango, pineapple-mango compote, macadamia nut miso). And for an after dinner drink...David & I split a cocktail, Love Drunk Punch (gin, aperol, Framboise, lime & grapefruit juices, rosemary, cava). This was totally my kind of cocktail...& the perfect way to end our lovely meal. 
Chef Dan Fox seen through the window on our walk back to the car...thanks, Dan...for another amazing night. Not only did David & I have a wonderful meal...but I ate what I wanted & it didn't spike my blood sugar...which blew my mind. I had a bit of bread, potato chips, AND a cocktail. But I also ate a lot of fat, which helps. It was my biggest worry that by paying attention to my diabetes & controlling it through my diet...that I wouldn't be able to go out to eat at the restaurants I adore or ever be able to enjoy carbs of any kind. But so far, as long as I don't do it too often...it can be a part of my life. Later that night...Canadian DJs on Twitch. The next day, I did a drop in acupuncture visit during David's appointment. Just a few weeks before knee surgery & suddenly terrible pain showed up in my right foot. New mural on the side of Mother Fool's. It's been so long since they've had anything painted there that I can use as a backdrop during photo shoots. The top of this is pretty, but not down where I'd be standing. 
Outdoor girlie visit on a gorgeous moving day (August 15 is when most leases start in Madison). I'm glad to never have to do that again. 
Later that night...Amanda did a live webchat where there was quite a bit of sad poetry read. And Juliette Angeli playing classic jazz & swing.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment