Monday, August 30, 2021

Orville Peck // SistaStrings

Dress: Blossom Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 2x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $10 off)
Sandals: Alegria, gift from Super Boo
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
I felt like a princess in this feminine off the shoulder maxi. The fit was good with the exception of the sewn in boob spaces...they seemed a bit too small & I'm only a D cup. I had to play with the top a lot to keep my bra from showing. This dress would be best for someone who didn't need to wear a bra. The colors were gorgeous, but it was a bit heavy for a summer cotton dress...it would be more appropriate for spring or fall. It was a great maxi for the two concerts I attended while wearing it...definitely too low cut for work
I have quite a few tattoo plans...but haven't gotten as far as my back. I wonder what will eventually end up there...it has to be quite spectacular as it is my biggest canvas. I'd hate to be basic & go with wings...but I've always wanted wings. 
I bought this super bright orange/pink nail polish years ago & this is my first time wearing it. It would look great with a tan...something I'll never have. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline; Destroyer, Löve, & Analogue eyeshadow by Kat von D; Big Bang lipstick & lipliner by UD; UD lipstick in Crush, & Bow Chika Wow Wow nail polish from Colors by Llarowe. 
Mixed greens with shrimp, avocado, cilantro, & lime evoo dressing for lunch...delicious. DJ Baby Berlin spinning 90s alternative tunes. Shok interviewing Brian Viglione & playing Dresden Dolls videos. 
Another gorgeous pair of Fluevogs bought during their sale. Chilean sea bass for dinner with roasted zucchini rounds & a mayo/garlic/horseradish dipping sauce. This dress came to me from Nuuly with the tag still attached. About 1/2 the dresses I get from there, I am the first to wear it.
Before concert selfies...outside, then inside with a mask. A wall of cassette tapes...& some of the cowboy concert goers. This was my first time seeing a show at The Sylvee & they have a really nice ADA area with chairs that is fenced off from the crowd. I sat in my wheelchair & was happy with the view & people watching. 
The New Old Things opened (Appleton, WI)...& Kate reminded me that we'd seen them at The Shitty Barn. The crowd treated this band as if they'd come to see them...cheering at everything...I think we're all still excited to be able to go out & see live music. My favorite part of the entire night was when the lead singer had his 12 year old son come out to play harmonica for a song...the crowd went even more wild. At that moment...I liked people. Orville Peck was fabulous...great sound & he told some good stories about the covers he played. I wasn't aware that he covered Born This Way because Lady Gaga asked him to...how awesome is that?! Great Friday night. 
On Sunday afternoon I wore this dress again to see an outdoor concert with the girlie...SistaStrings, who we are seeing next month at the barn. 
Ladies DJ-ing on Twitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment