Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Rough Crossing

Dress: Summer Fruits Augusta Dress by Hutch (size 2x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
I was madly in love with this fruit dress. Any dress with fruits or veggies on it...I need it. The kaftan sleeves & handkerchief hem were nice touches, the neckline was ideal, & the length, perfect. The waist had elastic, but there was otherwise no stretch. The material felt a tad cheap & there was a lining. I would change nothing about this fruity frock. I got several compliments on this dress at the play. 
All these colors & I didn't have ANY teggings to match...so I went with pink...which coordinated. 
I broke out the colorful eyeshadow for this dress...it called for it, don't you think? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; Donut, Pineapple, & Seashell eyeshadow by Violet Voss; Game Over & Continue? eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics; NYX lipliner in Nectar; Bite Beauty lipstick in Zinfandel; Big Bang lipstick by UD; & Gimme a Lido Kiss nail polish by OPI. 
The girlie opening the bubbles for our picnic at American Players Theatre. Angie drove the 5 of us there in her land yacht (minivan)...it was kind of amazing not to have to cram that many adults in a regular car.  
Our dinner was delightful. I made a salmon salad with dill, ginger, sliced citrus, cucumbers, radishes, fennel, & avocado. I also added some green onions & sugar snap peas that were on the table. Kate & Jason made kelp noodles with a peanut sauce, cucumbers, & sesame tofu. Kelp noodles...I will admit, I thought they sounded disgusting, but I'm up for trying new things. They were actually quite good. Shocking. 10/10, I'd eat this meal again. 
Kate has the cute face down...I don't know about Jason. Angie got a case of fresh peaches from Georgia & they were chin dripping & delightful. Me & David...& I *don't* have the cute face down.
Me & the girlie...
I took a bus ride to the top of the hill (stupid knee) with the NICEST driver. He had a mask on that his wife got for the whole family with photos of their dog all over it. A first...I was the only person on the bus. The show was only sold at 50% capacity & masks were required even though it was outside & distanced. The grounds at APT are all prairie, native grasses, & flowers...I always think it's so pretty. We've been sitting much further back than I usually buy tickets for (so many seats left empty) & I don't hate it. The stage for Rough Crossing by Tom Stoppard...it was hilarious & as always, wonderful acting...& fabulous friends. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment