Monday, July 26, 2021

5+ Months of Lifting Weights

Dress: Leo Almond Sweetheart Dress by Leota (size 2L) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Pr!vo by Clarks, thrifted
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
Another gorgeous Leota dress...I am in love with these sweetheart dresses...they have a great shape & fit just right. I always have to pin the neckline closed, but otherwise perfect. And leopard?! Hello. 
These teggings are brown...it was still pretty early in the day when we took these photos, so the light wasn't the best. 
I always like softer warm neutral make-up on me...no one ever thought I'd say that. My favorite lipstick for this kind of look is Trinket from Sugarpill. My only complaint about it is it dries out super quickly...due to all the amazing glitter? You didn't think I'd just like some boring neutral lip color, did you? Glittery.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Double Life; Crisp, Spice, Spice Baby, & Warm & Cozy eyeshadow from Too Faced; Sugarpill Cosmetics liquid lip color in Trinket; & OPI nail polish in Didgeridoo Your Nails?
After so many painful health problems, I decided to pay attention to my body. Weight loss is not my main goal, but it is certainly necessary for me to get rid of several issues I have...& it's the most visible one. This is me in this same Leota sweetheart dress in a size 5L vs today's dress in a 2L. I was happy in both photos. What you can't see: I'm in less pain when I walk, none of my disgusting leaky leg issues have come back, I'm off all insulin for diabetes, & I have so much more energy. The list is actually too long for me to write it all out here. 
DJs DJ-ing. David bought this keto bread he wanted to try...it was alright, at best. I'll stick to real food, thanks. But putting salmon salad into hollowed out cucumbers has been one of my favorite meals lately. Hi, Val!
Dinner with David, Angie, & Freddie. Angie had these Flintstonian steaks that David cooked on the grill. I finished 1/2 of it. Zucchini with garlic-y kale pesto & whipped Israeli feta (with a bit of ricotta, herbs, cream, & lemon zest), grilled mushrooms, & a delightful red wine that Kate picked out for us to eat with meat. 
David got the cook just right on mine...medium rare. Raspberries for dessert. Freddie likes to push David over & then David pretends he can't get up without a hand up...it's adorable. Me with Sadie. 
Every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday...David & I hit the gym to lift weights. It's been over 5 months now & we haven't missed a day. I love feeling myself get stronger. I haven't been able to walk without pain for over 20 months. I use a cane to walk short distances (10 minutes or less) & David has to push me in a wheelchair if longer walking is required. I need my right knee replaced. However, most surgeons will not do this for people with a BMI over 40. My primary found me a doctor in a nearby town that has a history of doing surgery on folks over a 40 BMI. I met with him & liked him a lot. He scheduled me for a knee replacement on August 24th. Then my insurance denied me...they thought I should go to a local UW doctor. It's been weeks of waiting to see if they will let me go ahead with this surgeon. Finally, on Friday...my doctor's office called to tell me something unrelated & I asked if they had heard from my insurance...& they said YES! So, in less than a month I will get a new knee & never take walking for granted ever again. A cool old truck we saw in the gym parking lot. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment