Sunday, July 11, 2021

Legally Meshel

Dress: Flounce Detail Spring Florals Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
What possessed me to closet this pastel ruffle dress?! I guess I like to try new things? It ran tts, I just didn't get the right size for me. There was no stretch except for the elastic waist. Super cute, extra feminine, just the right length, & a great v-neck line that you could wear anywhere. 
I remembered this pastel wall & thought it would be a fitting backdrop for this outfit. 
This is my first time wearing this necklace that Angie found at her house, but has no idea where it came from. It was the ideal accompaniment for this dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, Rose Burst & Candles eyeshadow by Lime Crime, Big Bang lip liner & lipstick, & This Color's Making Waves nail polish by OPI. 
On this day, June 18th, I finally legally became Meshel. I've been spelling my name this way since 6th grade, but never changed it. Shane & I went to the courthouse shortly after turning 18 to get the paperwork for it...but it was $100, which seemed like a lot to me back in 1988. Shane went through with it & changed his last name. On our way to the gym...we stopped at this twice a year shoe sale this woman has in her front yard. I found one pair of Sanita sandals that I needed. I am trying to replace my shoe collection as not only have I gone down 1/2-1 size, but most of my shoes are stretched out. 
These Fluevogs were on sale & I think I would have cried if I had never gotten the chance to see them in person...I know, extra dramatic, but they are stunning...leather, patent leather, & velvet...with gold accents *swoon*. These also come in a green color-way that I will also need to own. The dogs were extremely interested in my new Nuuly suitcase that arrived full of pretty dresses. 
This $600 dress came to me brand new, but it is sadly way too big on me. I think I will closet it again in a few sizes down...or not. This mauve is not the most flattering color on me, but it's a fancy fun dress. We Freddie-sat while his parents went out to celebrate their anniversary. How cute it this...a boy & his dog. Freddie likes to "get" David & it's fun to watch. Later that night...The Cramps! And other 80s/90s tunes on Twitch. 
The girlie & I at the first market back on the capitol square, yay! More chicks filling my evening with great music 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment