Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Meet Veronika


Dress: Butterfly Print Fit & Flare Dress by Eva Rose (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee 
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
I was SO happy to get this Eva Rose butterfly dress from GB! They remind me of Cherry Velvet dresses...such a great shape in a nice cool non-stretchy cotton. I had this one at home for over a month...waiting for the right occasion to put it on. Finally, I just had to wear it. Perfection. There is nothing I would change about this dress...it's like it was made just for me. 
I'm always thrilled when I get to pick up the orange in a dress with more orange.
In my next post, I get a haircut...but this doesn't look that bad. 3 months seems to be the sweet spot...my hair doesn't grow that fast. I think I went 9 months during the pandemic? 3 months is perfect because it means I don't have to hack at my bangs myself. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss; Kat von D eyeshadow in Analogue, Fran, & Legend; Orange County lipliner by NYX; Bite Beauty lipliner in 72; MAC lipsticks in Habanero & Dozen Carnations; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
We eat a lot of delicious meals at home...David & I are lucky that we both like to cook...but so many of our meals are truly just so simple. We eat this shrimp spinach salad ~once a week. I made a new Instagram to share my story of what getting healthy looks like to me (food & weight lifting)...@becomingmeshel. Carsie! I couldn't have gotten through the pandemic without her monthly concerts online. And...another new pair of Fluevogs...aren't they amazing?! There are strands of glittering metallic threads that don't photograph well that I wasn't expecting. 
Another favorite lunch...salmon salad in cucumbers...& the overlap of strawberry & raspberry season at market, heavenly. Getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist...I skipped last year. And...I used the occasion of picking up the new car we ordered months ago to finally break out the dress...here's David getting the tour of our Dodge Challenger, Veronika. I became obsessed with owning a 1970 (the year I was born) Challenger in Plum Crazy, but was finally talked out of it by Jay Leno. We watched videos of him driving both his old & new Challengers & I trust him that the old one just isn't as much fun. Plus, I'm old...& comfort matters. So, meet Veronika...we picked her up with 20 miles on her. Look, M + D (Meshel/Muffin + David). We got her in black because they haven't made Plum Crazy since 2019 & we couldn't find a used one we liked. Our plan is to get flames painted on her!Our first drive...to the Tuesday farmers' market, then these outfit photos.Us with Veronika...we had to do it. I was really tempted to do some topless photos with her...it just seemed like the thing you do with a muscle car...right?! DJs playing music & Michael Waite playing live. My gross scarred leg at the dermatologist's office...getting that dark raised mole removed...what's another scar? I am hoping to eventually get my legs completely covered in tattoos so the scars are all hidden. Canned sardines that my girlie got me from Spain...on top of pea shoots with a side of Parmesan Whisps (everything bagel variety). Dinner with Angie & Freddie. I made Anna Pump's Grilled Chicken Salad, but better. We followed the marinade & dressing from the recipe, but added green onions (instead of red onion), raspberries & strawberries (instead of dried fruit), sugar snap peas, mixed greens, cucumber, & avocado. It was the BEST version of this we've ever made...using what was in season & leftovers from Angie's fridge. David & Freddie playing (David had his eyes dilated earlier)...always fun to watch. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment