Friday, July 23, 2021

4th of July

Dress: Feliza Tiered Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 2x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $10 off)
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
I simply adored all the sherbert-y colors in this pretty dress. It was a bit large up top, but otherwise great. It came with tiny removable straps that I chose not to wear as they simply weren't needed...there was some stay-up rubber (like on thigh highs) under the elastic top. This dress had pockets & was a nice summer cotton. Of course you can clearly see what my favorite part of this frock was...tassels!!! Lining the hem of the dress & on the ends of the belt. Adorable. 
David: I don't think that seam is supposed to be in the middle of your chest.

Me: Yes it is, that's the way it's made.

David: That really doesn't look right.

Me: It's fine. 

There are times when you should listen to your husband instead of your anxiety. Since there are no straps...the dress got twisted as I was putting it on to go get my hair cut. I should have stopped to consider...why would they put an odd bust dart like seam right in the middle of the dress? Nope. Anxiety. David tried to get me to play with the dress & I just wasn't having it. So, that is why I've got a twisted looking top & weird seam on my chest in these photos. The second time I put it on it looked great...seams in the correct place & oh, look! there's pockets! I thought these colors looked fabulous on me...My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug, NYX eyeshadow palette in Brights, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Orange County lipliner by NYX, NYX Liquid Suede in Foiled Again & Life's A Beach, & OPI nail polish in Tempura-ture is Rising!About to get my hair cut...I usually wait until I need my hair cut NOW to make an appointment...but this time I scheduled a month ahead of time...& busy Sigrid was booked out ~2 months, so I put myself on her cancellation list & got in, yay! DJs playing tunes on Twitch. West side farmers' market with the girlie. Kate liked how my hat matched my dress...it was a total accident & just the hat I had in the car. Note the band playing behind me...we love that about west market. Another favorite meal at home...mixed greens & spinach salad with shrimp, cilantro, & avocado with a lime/evoo dressing...& Fern's fabulous raspberries. Pink & black Fluevogs from their sale. I will wear these a lot. Ribeye steak with cauliflower & a bit of sweet potatoes. Chicks DJing my night. Salmon with garlic, dill, lemon, & the last of the in season asparagus. Curried deviled eggs for our tiny 4th of July fire. Me & the girlie!I'm not sure why we thought a 90°+ day would be a good time for fire, but here we are. David made all the yummy food we could eat...bell peppers, scapes, mushrooms, broccoli, lobster tail, & scallops. And of course there was fabulous sparkling wine from Michigan thanks to Kate. Everything tastes better cooked over fire. Jason eating Kate's brain. The next day Kate & Jason came over so Kate could organize her cellar a bit. She mostly made a pile of both reds & whites for us to drink...although I not so secretly enjoy drinking a bottle (she told us we could drink anything), taking a picture, & posting it...& her trying not to get upset we drank a bottle she was saving with a purpose in mind. I am a terrible person. Doggies! They like to wait at the top of the stairs for me. 


 

2 comments:

  1. I want love want those leopard glasses lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re great, aren’t they? My husband bought them for me 20 years ago. They are Lafont & I’ve seen them occasionally on eBay.

      Delete