Wednesday, July 10, 2019

She Stoops To Conquer

 Dress: Tropical Floral Print Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
The fabric of this dress was fantastic...heavy cotton with a touch of spandex...so many cotton dresses seem to be made out of quilting cotton & this most definitely was not. The length was great, I liked the deep pockets, however, the fit was just alright. It gaped a bit at the armholes & the waist hit me too low. The print was a bit too Love Boat cruise for me, but the colors were lovely. 
First photos with my new haircut...I really like how Sigrid cut a lot of the bulk off the back & did a more drastic angle on my longer side...which you can't see because the wind was blowing my hair all over.
I don't have a great storage solution yet for all my makeup...I have 2 large train cases, a shelf for eyeshadow palettes, & some decorative vintage bits that I keep my eyeliners & lipliners in...but I need to have it all out so I can see it...because things get buried & I forget about them...all this to say...I forgot how much I ADORE MAC's Rubenesque Paint Pot...it's a gorgeous frosty peachy gold color that looks so pretty on me. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Kat von D eyeshadow in Lemmy, UD eyeshadow in Scene & Off Duty, Rubenesque Paint Pot by MAC, Trinket lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, & Argo nail polish by China Glaze. 
I most certainly did not wear this outfit while taking the dogs to the dog park or having dinner with Angie & Freddie...you simply have to enlarge this photo so you can see how messy little Fred is...he has food coating his eyelashes. Adorable. 
Also, Freddie's first farmers' market...where I *was* wearing this dress...then later that day...David, Angie, & I picnicked before seeing our first American Players Theatre play of the year, She Stoops To Conquer. I was not looking forward to yet another salad (we are drowning in lettuces from our CSA), yet...Angie's salad dressings are so magical that it was delightfully delicious. 
The stage & a pre-play selfie. We left at intermission. The acting was wonderful, but it was just too predictable, though I am sure it was groundbreakingly hilarious in 1773...it did not quite hold up for us. 
The next day, I wore this dress again to go to a blustery Northside market (people holding the musician's stands so they wouldn't fly across the parking lot) & then Kate came over to drink wine & do laundry. David found this fabulous heating grate at Deconstruction Inc & after cleaning it up...it has a home in our hallway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment