Tuesday, July 2, 2019

20th Girlieversary

 Dress: Heirloom Rose Garden Dress by MM2 (size 4x) via eBay
Leggings: LuLaRoe (size TC2) via eBay
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Shoes: Born
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I'm a fabulously flowery fatty! When I had this dress from GB, I was disappointed in the textured fabric, but now I'm not sure why. I remember LOVING the colors, so when I saw it on eBay, I bought it. I last wore this dress in spring of 2015. It's splendid, the only thing I would change is where the waist seam is located...I prefer an empire waist. This is the perfect spring dress, but it would be too hot for summer. 
How amazing do these leggings look with this dress?!? Too much?? Never!
And to keep the extra extra going...this gloriously grandiose necklace from the wonderful Wendy, which I've only worn one other time
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Overdrive; Buttercupcake & Flamepoint eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics; Kat von D eyeshadow in Legend, Swoon, & Löve; MAC lipstick in So Chaud & Habanero; & Essie nail polish in Aim to Misbehave. 
I wore this magnificent outfit to go out to dinner with Kate for our 20th girlieversary. Happy Hour Oysters...
 Pretty girlies outside on the patio at Tempest...
 20!
I love oysters so much...plain, without any of the stuff they bring with it...
 YUM! 
I don't know what my life would have been like without Kate in it...much lonelier & boring. No matter how stormy our relationship has been throughout the years, she's always been there for me...to call me out on being a bitch, to telling me she believes in me. We've become much saner, happier girlies in the last 20 years & I look forward to another 20 years of adventures with her. I love you, Kate...thank you for being my bezzer. 
Kate posted this on Facebook on our anniversary:
20 years ago today, a gorgeous girlie (who I had a huge online crush on) picked me up from work in downtown Chicago and we met in person for the first time! This picture was taken later that month in Meshel's backyard in Madison, where I had moved by the end of the year. She was not the first woman I had a crush on, but she was the first woman I fell in love with. Our tumultuous relationship eventually grew into an amazing, enduring friendship. 
Happy girlieversary the best bestest girlie anyone could ever hope for!! I love you, girlie, and I'm incredibly grateful to have you in my life! I have had so many incredible experiences with you and learned so much from our relationship in these past 20 years!!!! 

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you...
I have been changed for good."

No comments:

Post a Comment