Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rod Hamdallah // Jake'O

 Dress: Multi Floral Smocked Waist Midi Dress by Modcloth (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was so colorful & happy...it just made me smile. If the armholes hadn't been too big, I would have probably bought it. Otherwise, the fit was great...I love a smocked waist. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about that high neckline...but it was a nice change & it was great not to have to worry about covering cleavage at work. With a cardigan, this would be a fabulous year round dress. I'd buy this for $20 once it's retired. 
I adore when dresses are full of color because there are so many options for accessories. I'd wear this in winter with mustard tights & a mustard floral cardigan. 
Perhaps I need to retire this eyeliner? It makes my eyes look creepy. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Azure, NYX Trip Squad eyeshadow palette, Buttercupcake eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics, No-Tell Motel lipstick from Urban Decay, & OPI nail polish in Pretty & Privileged. 
I wore this dress to work & out to lunch with David. We went to Sujeo hoping to try their Fat Elvis burger for Madison Burger Week...but discovered it was only available during dinner. The Korean fried chicken sandwich was tasty, but that Kimchi Mac was delightfully delectable...I'm a connoisseur of Mac & Cheese & this is one of the best I've ever had. After lunch...we picked out colors for our garage door. 
Then...The Shitty Barn with Kate! Tacos, Beer, & Music. We came for Rod Hamdallah (formerly of The Legendary Shack Shakers), but I enjoyed Jake'O a bit more. 
Jake'O...playing Nuvo-Retro...
Rod, with a kick-ass female drummer...
On another day...not wearing this outfit, but a brown dress covered in paint...dinner with Angie & Freddie. And a magical rhubarb drink made from CSA rhubarb...Angie is so good about using everything. I will admit, I've thrown some rhubarb away. 
The girlie & I in front of the Pride flag again while shopping farmers' market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment