Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Sal's in Sun Prairie // Bad in Bed

Dress: Striped Sweater Fit & Flare Dress by ECI New York (size L), thrifted 
Shoes: Fluevog, Look Out: Mesmerize 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
How fun is this dress?! I found it thrifting...I love a good fit & flare sweater dress & every one of these colors is spectacular together. And the fit was spot on. It started snowing as we were snapping these pictures...spring in Wisconsin. 
These fuchsia tights were a nearly identical match to the stripe in the dress...
& the shoes...they were made for each other. 
The only not-quite-perfect component here was the jewelry...I just didn't have the right style or colors...but I think these vintage Sobral necklace & earrings do well enough...what do you think?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in Suzi & The Seven Düsseldorfs. 
I wore this dress for one time only...I had no Gwynnie Bee OR Nuuly at home...so I had to resort to my own closet. I picked this beauty because it was a winter dress & the nail polish I had on already matched. On this day I had a lymphatic massage with Courtney & grocery shopped. I came home to this pretty Effie's Heart dress from Poshmark. Then, because I didn't feel like cooking, we drove to Sun Prairie to have dinner at Sal's in a bit of a snowstorm. Upon entering...I was SO excited to see they were still offering The Muffuletta as their featured pie as I had seen it on their Facebook a week before...sadly, when we ordered it...our server said it was no longer their special. SO sad. We started our meal with their calamari (which is my favorite ever) with fried broccoli (not as good as Brussels sprouts, but a good second choice).
David sipped on a Mexican Firing Squad Special (Lunazul Reposado tequila, house made pomegranate grenadine, bitters, lime)...while I took a chance with Retired Emo Kid (State Line London dry gin, simple syrup, Fernet Branca Herbsaint, bitters)...which I was happy I tried, but don't need to order again. 
David decided on a Farmer John's Pizza (Wisconsin Mozzarella, heirloom tomato, bacon, mushroom, roasted garlic, Farmer John's smoked gouda, caramelized onions, black pepper, fresh basil), while I had Canestri & Cheese (house made canestri pasta, Hook's 2 year cheddar cheese sauce, bacon, Calabrese chili, breadcrumbs, Sarvecchio, scallion)...it's my favorite thing on their menu right now. For round 2 of cocktails, David had their take on a classic, Corpse Reviver no. 2 (State Line London dry gin, Lillet Blanc, Clockwork Orange, lemon, Herbsaint) & I went for a Tell-Tale-Heart Mule (house made cherry grenadine, Lunazul Reposado tequila, lime, Peychaud's, ginger beer)...superb. 
There was too much snow to walk around in fancy Fluevogs, so I switched to Docs. After a quick trip to the best Vinny's around (Sun Prairie)...we headed back to Madison where we had tickets to Bad in Bed. This was a world premiere of this play, written by a Madison woman that starts out taking place in Madison, but then the majority of it happens in Marquette...my 2 home towns. It was fabulous...such great dialogue & acting...& funny. I'm glad we took a chance on this one. There is an incredible amount of wonderful community theatre out there...check it out. It's one of my favorite things to do when traveling too. 
SP Vinny's scores...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment