Sunday, March 19, 2023

Buffalo Nichols // Thrifting

Dress: Sweet Escape Maxi Dress by Free People (size M) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Firefly: Ficta
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Pretty colors in this maxi...I love the way the pink & orange popped against the black...dramatic. Great maxi length on me, full tiered skirt, deep (low) pockets, billowy sleeves...the square neckline (front & back) could be worn on or off the shoulders...I kept it on because winter in Wisconsin. This dress would have been better suited for fall or spring...great transition piece. The only negative was the chest smocking didn't go down far enough for me...I had to pull the neckline lower (which made my bra show on the sides) for it to sit under my breasts for an empire waistline...but the elastic kept wanting to ride up & end mid-nipple...not a good look. I still enjoyed wearing this fetching maxi. 
Note how one of the tiers ends just below my butt...essentially framing my ass...it looks good though, right?!
My first wearing of these pink Fictas...I also have them in green.
I adore pink & orange together...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Wildheart & Blaze eyeshadow from UD, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Nectar, Essie nail polish in Forever Family, & ILNP nail polish in Atomic Sherbet. 
2 staples for dinner...Spicy Shrimp Masala & Roasted Brussels with Kim Chi & Bacon. The closet purge continues...7 more bags hauled off to Vinny's. Bellydance class! I hardly ever remember to take photos. And since I usually have at least an hour to kill on the west side before class starts...I poked around Vinny's first.
I was especially excited to find these shoes as I love this style & mustard is such a great color. 
These were the clothes we brought home from Retique in Milwaukee...it took me a while to go through them & get all the tags off.
I don't often crave fast food...but when I do...Culvers is the place I go...probably once a year. Cooking a simple meal at home...pork roast with sides of roasted sweet potatoes & apples. February Boxy Charm...& a trip to the Stoughton Vinny's. I know, I have a problem.
They were having a special vintage linens event that wasn't of interest to me...too overwhelming & all I'd really want are some fun tablecloths for picnics. I tried on this green wool coat...made in Russia...how often do you see that?! And dresses...
All of them came home with me. 
Buffalo Nichols at the Opera House...but first, Ced Ba'etch playing in the lounge...he was wonderful...Django Reinhardt type jazz. 
Front row selfies. This is probably the 5th? time I've seen Buffalo Nichols play...he gets better every time. 
I adore his voice & his favorite song of mine is How to Love because I like the lyrics (...the way you hurt me showed me how to love...).
Stoughton Vinny's finds...which included an adorable plaid Pendleton wool coat that I spied while in line & whipped off the mannequin...no time to try it on...luckily, it's the perfect fit. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment