Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Wasted: Arts & Literature // Mermaid Tattoo

Jumpsuit: Shayla Wide Leg Jumpsuit by Free People (size L) via Nuuly
Boots: Fluevog, Go Groovy: Nigel
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I'm loving wearing these wide legged jumpsuits...me...in pants! It will be even more fun when my thighs match my body a bit more. Stunning mustard & I adore the bits of lilac. The gathering at the waist was a nice touch...it seemed a bit long in the inseam (is that a nicer way to say crotch?), but this was also tts...my thighs needed a large & the rest of me wanted a medium...so I'm not sure if it would have fit better a size down? Pretty pattern, super casual t-shirt-like fabric. I had to pin the cuffs down as they didn't want to stay on their own & the pants were long enough that I needed a bit of a heel. I loved wearing this...like stylish pajamas. 
I think this made my butt look great...& why do my boobs look so huge?! I'm only a C cup...barely. 
I thought both the colors & groovy style of these boots went perfectly with this jumpsuit...note how the lilac soles bring out the light purple flowers. 
There are so many reasons I love renting clothing...but one of the biggest ones is finding the right jewelry to wear...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath & Goddess, Aster & Carnelian eyeshadow from Natasha Denona, Bang lipliner & lipstick by UD, Make Up For Ever lipstick in Hypnotic Rust, & ILNP nail polish in Eclipse. 
I first wore this jumpsuit to get a lymphatic massage from Courtney, to drop something off for Kate, & thrifting. It's my new favorite thing that I can just whip my clothes off & Kate can try them on. I never ever thought we'd someday end up the same size. 
I can't get enough selfies...I'm so in love with my body & what I've accomplished...I'm really proud of myself. My cart at Goodwill...I found a second Effie's Heart dress! And I managed to find red plaid silk leggings...& in another section...the matching top! I've got my silk long underwear ready for next year. Yet another paisley cardigan I got off Poshmark. I'm having so much fun selling stuff on there & then using my balance to buy things...it's like when I was a kid & the winner on Wheel of Fortune got to go on a shopping spree...remember that? They had all kinds of weird stuff no-one wanted...like a Dalmatian statue, food dehydrator, & ceramic pig. 
What I found at Goodwill...ooooh, a pretty floral Victoria's Secret robe for summer. Baking a ginger cake... 
Making 3 kinds of deviled eggs & Kharra Masala Salmon for hosting Wasted: Arts & Literature at our house for the 1st time. 
I also put out some cheese, crackers, salami (Underground's Wisco Old Fashioned...with brandied cherries), & olives...& everyone brought something to share...I never got another picture of the table when it was fuller. 
We rearranged the living room & dining room a bit so we had more room to sit around in a conversational area. Arts & Literature is my favorite of the themes as I love getting glimpses into what moves people. Everyone brought a wine that went with their show & tell...we have a talented group...
There was poetry read & opera sang. I read Sylvia Plath's Mad Girl's Love Song...I have the first lines of that tattooed on my right leg, but some leaky leg issues I had back in 2020 ruined it, so it's mostly getting covered up. 
David read a short story...wine was drunk & notes taken. Art was shared, more wine was poured...
Kate reading a poem...finishing up dinner...
This salmon curry is SO delicious...I was happy everyone seemed to like it. Guitar playing & singing, videos & stories of travel...ginger cake with ginger whipped cream...this cake has a cup of ginger in it...YUM. 
A pretty bottle of wine dropped off at Lindsay's house by a member who couldn't make it on this day, along with a poem to be read. So many pretty songs were sung...it was magical...it made me want to host this gathering again around the fire pit outside in the summer & have a sing along. 
The last time I wore this outfit was to do a little shopping at Vinny's, before walking across the street to see the mermaid Bear had created for me....oooooooo....aaaaahhh...they do the whole process on their tablet...I wish I would have taken a photo of what they had originally come up with...it is not so different from what we ended up with...I think I had them add scales of various sizes & more flourishes to the tail & side fin. Isn't she lovely?! 
I did a bit of research on getting my iron levels up for my surgery in April, which I needed to get tested for during this week...sooooo...liver & oysters were added to my diet...luckily, I am a fan of both. After making my tattoo perfect & printing out the stencil, Bear wanted to break for lunch...so I ambled over to the co-op across the street to buy a few things & I ate some smoked oysters in the truck. I have quite a selection of fancy tinned fish at home, but no oysters...I need to remedy that as I thoroughly enjoyed them. 
A collection of my Bear tattoos on the wall in their tattooing room. We often have the shop to ourselves, but on this day there was someone else tattooing & the person getting tattooed was probably in their 20s & talking about how they redid the form at work to include asking about pronouns & they said one of the dentists was afraid of offending older patients...so this person replied, I told him we'll only ask people under 40. I was offended. Isn't she marvelous? We'll color her in blues & greens next time. 
My Vinny's haul...2 pretty dresses...& I'm most excited by those apple leggings, paintbrush blouse, & peach argyle cardigan.


No comments:

Post a Comment