Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Sierra Ferrell // Jaime Wyatt // Thrifting

Dress: Popover Elastic Waist Tiered Midi Dress by London Times (size 10) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted 
Purse: Mohop
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
The color combo in this dress was spectacular...but I wasn't a fan of the dress itself...it was shapeless, the fabric was itchy, & the split neckline was awkward. Also, it didn't help that I got this a size up from my typical size...I'm learning. The pattern & colors made this fun to wear anyway. 
I adore orange & purple together...I had better purple shoes I could have paired with this dress, but these are cute & I've never worn them. 
I love the heel on these suede shoes...a thrift store find.
Urban Decay eyeliner in Viper; Twilight, Amethyst, & Blazing eyeshadow from Huda Beauty; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; Mimosa lipstick from Bite Beauty; Nectar lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics; & OPI nail polish in Suzi & The Seven Düsseldorfs.
I wore this dress to work & do LOTS of thrifting. Because part of me will always be 12...Teenie Weenie is a weird name for a men's brand...but it definitely caught my eye. 
Check out those Constantly Varied Gear leggings in the skull mermaid scale pattern! I follow them on Instagram & they had a pair of jellyfish leggings I really wanted...but $60 seemed like too much to spend on leggings that would have only fit me for a year. 
Checking out the Sun Prairie Vinny's after Pilates. That teal sweater is an extra small Effie's Heart & now I'm obsessed & want them in more colors, but haven't found any more like it online. Orange tiger stripes...meow. I'm wearing a sports bra, so not the best for trying on clothes. 
If it's velvet...I'll probably try it on. 
My first trip to the Waunakee Vinny's...small, but a good selection.
This orange velvet dress caught my attention...orange AND velvet...you've just got to try everything on because women's sizes are so wonky...it was an XL & fit great. I bought everything from an XS to XL that day. After a day of shopping...I headed home to change into the dress from these outfit photos & took myself to lunch...Indian buffet...which I hadn't been to since before the pandemic. It was not as good as I remembered...not flavorless...but weak...I make better Indian food at home with higher quality ingredients. Going out to places I remember fondly has not been working out for me & I think that's why. I'll stick to the restaurants that buy their food from the same farmer's I do. It makes a difference in taste. 
After lunch, Ulta, I needed to stock up on eyebrow pencils & check out what's new in person...even though I don't buy the make-up I used to...I have more than I'll ever use. I'm always excited to find mustard cardigans...it's a color I love that doesn't show up so often.
Blue Velvet sequined dress from Free People. Dinner...Ginger Chicken with Sesame-Peanut Sauce, served with roasted broccoli & cauliflower. 
I may have gone a bit bonkers at the Sun Prairie Vinny's...a lot of fuzzy pretty things to wear around the house/to bed. Shirts for David.
Dresses & skirts for me...
Cardigans & clothes to wear to the gym.
Around the house outfits...I threw out all the too big stuff I'd been wearing because it made me feel dowdy & I prefer to feel pretty...stop by & see me anytime...I'll look cute.
Sierra Ferrell...finally...this show was rescheduled 3 times. 
Music in the lounge...& all the selfies. 
The opening act, Jaime Wyatt, was wonderful...I only knew her from the one song they play on Outlaw Country, Neon Cross, & it was great to hear more. 
And finally...Sierra Ferrell...worth the wait. She's amazing...& look at all those strings *swoon*.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment