Sunday, November 13, 2022

My Final Shitty Barn Show of the Season: The Deslondes

Dress: Orange Print Sleeveless Fit & Flare Dress by Unique Vintage x GB (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: MAK
Shoes: Fluevog, Firefly: Ficta
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
I enjoy these kitschy dresses from the Unique Vintage x GB collaboration...especially this one with oranges all over it...I adore oranges...both the fruit & of course, the color of fun. Great fit & length...perfect amount of swing. 
I didn't have a green cardigan that fit me...so in less than 5 minutes...I remade this size 4x in just the right shade of green to go with this outfit. I just eyeballed it & sewed it up. I think it turned out alright. Between altering & thrifting, I'm slowly building up a new cardigan collection. 
And how ideal are these Fluevogs?! They also come in a bright pink that I might have to have. So cute. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mars, Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Tangerine, Natasha Denona Cupid eyeshadow palette, UD lipliner & lipstick in Bang, Nectar lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, OPI nail polish in Living on the Bula-Vard, & Essie nail polish in Sexy Plunge. 
Back in September when I wore this outfit, I reached my goal of being under 200 pounds. I know it's just a number & doesn't mean anything...but to me it means that I took my life back. I couldn't walk without pain for over 2 years. In order to go to my beloved farmers' market...I had to be pushed in a wheelchair. Now I get to live the life I desire...without hurting. 
I first wore this outfit on a Wednesday...to work, farmers' market, & errands. Veronika had a nail in one of her tires & I put in some air...documenting because I've never done that before. 
Then...off to Spring Green for my final Shitty Barn show of the season...
I had seen Riley Downing solo back in July at the barn...but this time was with his band...I'd already bought all the vinyl. 
There's always a lot of time between opening the doors & getting my chair in the front row...& the beginning of music. It was a lovely, albeit chilly, day so I took a walk around the barn. The view from the back. Wearing my new-to-me vintage lambswool coat...soooo warm. 
Riley's dog, Lefty. David Quinn & his band opened the show. And The Deslondes. 
Great last show. The final downtown market for the season with the girlie. This was right before my surgery. 
We got to play songs on veggies & take silly pictures...because that's what bezzers do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment