Sunday, November 20, 2022

Back to Life // Bent // Sean Hayes

Dress: Mond Ava Dress by Effie's Heart (size L) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Ruff Hewn, thrifted
Shorter Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring & Moon Necklace: Former Etsy Shop
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" ???
Another fantastic Effie's Heart dress. The wide neckline showed off *all* my undergarments, but would have otherwise been cute...however, may have been difficult to hide bra straps? Good fit & length. Typical EH comfiness & cuteness. I adored the moon phases print. It fetched a lot of compliments. 
I'm not doing it justice here as this is the first time I got fully dressed after surgery. I have to wear lots of compression garments for at least 8 weeks, then I can take some breaks, 12 hours on/12 hours off. Also, super swollen, which is why I'm not bothering with my measurements as I have no clue right now. 
Two necklaces with moon themes...trying to distract from my compression sleeves & faja poking out. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Powder Trip & Fireball eyeshadow by UD, Bang lipliner from UD, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, Teacher's Pet & Nectar lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics, & ILNP nail polish in Pumpkin Patch. 
I did not wear this dress on this day, my first full day home. David & I went to the farmers' market...it was in the 70s & I just wanted to enjoy the beautiful day. He had to push me in a wheelchair as I couldn't walk that much. In addition to delicious autumn produce...we also got ourselves 3 mums for our front porch. After we got home...we did our first shower, bandages, compression rigamarole. It took us nearly 3 hours...I felt guilty for needing so much help & I was exhausted. Then...the day got better again when Kate & Jason came to visit. You can see one of our mums peeking out next to them & a flower in their hair. 
After they left, *I* made us dinner. I was supposed to just lay around in bed for weeks...but I just couldn't do it. I think I ate nothing but salmon for at least the first week I was home...perhaps even 2 weeks. My October Boxy Charm. 
ILNP's Trapped Collection...their 2 autumn collections have been so stunning...I've gotten both sets. How are you supposed to know if a polish is magnetic though?! I think it's just the green one here...I've got the magnet though. 
Pretty colorful autumn mums...& this antique double sink is the perfect stand for them. 
In late summer, I made my own old fashioned fermented pickles...I just left them on the counter for 2 weeks. These particular ones were ginger & horseradish (the other jar was just regular garlic dill)...I found my favorite way to eat them was mixed into some cottage cheese. YUM. Still all compression-ed up...final drain still in.
David heard about Maui Nui venison through a few of the podcasts he listens to. Hawaii's deer meat is incredibly nutritious due to the rich volcanic soils & plant diversity. So, we now have a monthly subscription box. I used to hate venison...it tasted gamey to me...now I adore it. David wanted me to come home to flowers that wouldn't die...felt flowers for the kitchen. I love them...all my favorite colors.
I was going to wait until 3 weeks after surgery to drive...but at 2 weeks, we had an appointment to drop off the truck at the dealer...so I thought I'd try it...it was fine. I've been confused through this entire healing process. At 2 weeks, I was able to do everything but exercise. Other girls still aren't leaving the house at 5+ weeks & nap a lot. I'm going to say it's because I eat so well? Also, most of these women had weight loss surgery & aren't able to get the nutrition their bodies need to heal & thrive. After dropping the truck, we browsed the Vinny's nearby. Working on building up a new cardigan collection. 
I ordered 2 black fajas in a size down...beige just makes me sad. 
David & I had tickets to a play right next door to Heritage Tavern & we were early...how does that always happen?! Cocktails & nibbles before the show. David ordered a Fool's Spring (Ford's gin, Stateline aquavit, galangal syrup, greek yogurt, lemon juice, celery bitters) & I got a Thai-Me (Thai basil vodka, black pepper Ramazotti, Italicus liqueur, lemon juice, cucumber bitters). 
Deviled Eggs & Crispy Pork Belly & Tuna with Foie Gras.
And a special of the day...Scallop Ceviche with Dane County Truffle (I didn't even know we *had* truffles in Wisconsin!). 
Trying to capture all the autumn goodness in our entryway selfies. Seated in the front row of Bent (revolving around the persecution of gays in Nazi Germany). Fantastic play & production. It always amazes me how Strollers puts on such great shows with next to no budget. 
Some of our finds at Vinny's...taking the tags off so I can wash everything.
I also wore this dress to go to my first concert after surgery...Sean Hayes...with Kate & Jason. 
Abigail Lapell opened.
Before the show, John Courage (Sean's guitar player) was next to us trying to selfie with an older couple...so I offered to take the photo. I couldn't help myself...I said to him...I've only seen you online & your hair is even more spectacular in person (it's a perfect disco fro). Fabulous show. Wonderful company. The final time I wore this dress was to get a haircut from Sigrid...it felt SO good. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment