Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Last Elkhorn Antique Flea Market of 2022

Dress: Radish Print Capitola Dress by Effie's Heart (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Born
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 39-37-48
I had so been looking forward to finally getting this dress from Gwynnie Bee...I should have known it would come worn-out. I had just bought this Effie's Heart radish print in another style of dress, so I was able to lay them side by side. This dress was too faded to put together an outfit around it...but I wore it a few times anyway. Another fabulous EH frock. 
I wore this dress to take a wandering walk with David through The Arboretum. 
It's close to work & we had a several hour gap in our day. Pretty. 
After our walk...I still had some time to kill so I indulged in an old favorite pastime of mine...I went to Barnes & Noble & picked out a bunch of magazines to look through. I'd love to make a skirt out of fabric scraps...some day. 
Back to work for one client...& the next day...Pilates with David. Afterwards we headed downtown & were finally able to get nitro coffee from Wonderstate. 
Of the 3 Nitro we tried, Wonderstate was our least favorite & reminded me most of beer. Starbucks was our favorite. I hate even saying that as I prefer to support local, but...
After coffee...Wednesday market & a bird I enjoyed watching outside the car window.
I also wore this dress to peruse the final Elkhorn of the season. We immediately found these 3 treasures. Yes, we needed another 60s glider...this one is for the backyard. 
I've been eyeing up these 2 lovelies all summer...I pulled out my phone to take yet another photo & now they are mine. The green one is French from the 20s & the amber necklace is 1900s Czech...I have a few in that color palette, but I was drawn to the tassels. I've been on the lookout for a vintage picnic tablecloth that wasn't primarily white...score! I spied this vintage lambswool coat...with its marvelous buttons & the greatest attached scarf. David bought me a similar one with a mink collar...so this is its more casual sister. 
Glasses for the wreck room. And look! Another coat...this one was very expertly handmade...but there are no buttonholes. The seating would have been perfect for the basement, but it was terribly uncomfortable & needed to be re-sprung. This Coke cooler was sold, but we would've given it a good home on our back patio. 
I really liked this mirror...but the guy wouldn't budge on his price so we walked away. On our final walk back to the truck...I somehow zeroed in on this magnificent gas light fixture...wow! Then...on to Los Tres Hermanos...
where we had our usual feast, minus the margaritas bigger than our heads. And we had the BEST waiter ever. 
Back at home...unpacking...I squealed when I saw this round metal plant stand...which will probably end up on the front porch next year...spray painted a nice bright color. 
A metal basket to put hot marshmallow sticks in around the fire. Decorative metal edging. My 2 amazing coats. And a nightstand for David. He's been searching for the ideal candidate for over 4 years & has been making do with a wooden chair...while this might not be his forever solution, it's a huge upgrade. 
Gold glittery vintage purse, a large orange dish for make-up storage, glasses for the wreck room, an ornate silver tray, some silverware, & a bookmark. 
Jewelry treasures...just look at that green bakelite necklace...utterly fabulous. A cherub mirrored tray for my make-up room. A close up of our bronze Bacchus light fixture that we will most likely use as a candle holder, although we could hardwire him as a light. He's exquisite. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment