Sunday, April 2, 2023

Fire Woman Tattoo // Hedwig // Kruger Brothers


Dress: The Marais Printed Chiffon Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size S) via Nuuly
Shoes: Fluevog, Half Truths: Tanya
Purse: Mohop
All Jewelry: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
I just love these pretty, easy to wear Marais dresses...I mean, there's a reason they put out so many patterns in this style. This runs big...I am typically a medium & I get these in a small & would easily fit in the XS...so go down a size or two. That being said, it's meant to be a loose fitting maxi. The colors in this one definitely make this one of my favorites...it looks like spring. 
But since the weather doesn't think it's spring just yet...no sandals for me...
But...a reason to wear Fluevogs & these light peach tights...
It takes amazing self control every month not to just purchase most of the dresses I rent from Nuuly...but why? There will always be more pretty dresses & if I owned them...how often would they actually get worn?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Viper; Purple Dust, Cyber Punk, Euphoric, & Dazed eyeshadow from UD; UD lipliner in Big Bang; MAC lipliner in Grape; Flashback lipstick from UD; NYX lipstick in Ultraviolet; & Emily de Molly nail polish in The Dreams We Find. 
Billy Porter is coming to Madison?!! I first wore this dress to get tattooed by the fabulously talented Mar...they drew up my fire woman & it was perfect as is. The only thing I ended up asking them to tweak was that the fire come up a bit more in order to cover up a scar. 
I worked on my film fest schedule a bit while Mar performed their magic.
Isn't she lovely?! I adore the face/make-up...& it was Mar's idea to make her skin fire colored...which I LOVE. It always surprises me how fast Mar is...they even so kindly tattooed white over my murky old fire around my ankle...& a few weeks later...will tattoo brighter color on top so it pops again. After tattooing...home to make dinner & out to see Hedwig. 
David out-Fleuvoged me...as you can see. It's difficult to go to a play you really like that you've already seen performed well...& this is community theatre...& there is no intermission...but we sat in the front row & could sneak out if necessary. There were 2 casts performing Hedwig & we lucked out & got the good one...the person playing Hedwig did a fantastic job...truly spectacular...the rest of the cast, not so much...but luckily it's basically a one person show. I'm so glad we took a chance. A few months back I found this vintage cashmere cardigan on Poshmark for $10. I tried it on, loved it, & put it on the kitchen chair to take a photo of later...however, it's a vinyl chair & it slipped to the floor. When we returned after a night out, I picked it up & discovered Violet had chewed a hole in it. I was devastated. I put it in the closet & tried to forget about it...but the other day I was organizing in there & came across it. I texted Angie to ask if she had any ideas on how to fix it & I ended up bringing it over. She & Kate were going through old quilts & fabric scraps...which the cats were enjoying. The sweater is now with her & we'll see if it can be mended. Dinner...I've been making this Roasted Salt & Vinegar Cabbage once a week for the past month. It is delicious.  After dinner...off to Stoughton to see Kruger Brothers, where I wore this dress for the final time. I should have gone to Vinny's...I didn't care for the lounge band. The Kruger Brothers were good...they had amazing Swiss southern accents from living in North Carolina for ~20 years...also, great storytellers. But for whatever reason...I just wasn't into it & left at intermission. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment