Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Ballet Beyond // Mint Mark

Dress: Stormi Tie-Back Dress by Damson Madder (size 10) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: ?, thrifted
Earring: The Embellishing Room 
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Gorgeous spring colors & mixed patterns on this UK brand dress. Silky fabric, scandalously high slit, & precious bow on the back neckline...I loved everything about this dress. I liked the contrast of the billowy sleeves on an otherwise close fitting dress & the placement of the 2 different fabrics. According to the reviews, it runs a size small, & I found that to be true. 
Showing a whole lotta leg on a windy day. I can't say enough how much I adore something going on in the back of a dress...
My first wearing of these chartreuse heels I found at Goodwill. 
I adore an orange & green color combination. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mainline, Nars Mediteranee eyeshadow palette, Electric Warrior eyeshadow by KVD, Nectar lipliner from NYX, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Nectar, UD lipstick in Bang, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
I wore this frock to attend the ballet with David. A nice lady offered to take our photo on the way in...just before it started to rain. 
It was probably indecent of me to wear this out in public. The artistic director was my favorite part of the show with his fabulous shoes & extremely glittery nails. We left at intermission. It was too...interpretive? for us. We prefer a ballet with a story. 
There was a downpour of rain by this time & even though David drove Veronika up on the curb & as close to the door as possible...I still ended up looking like a drowned cat. We decided to try our luck at Mint Mark. Without reservations. It was less than an hour wait...so we stood at the bar & had cocktails. David ordered a Three Chiles, One Barrel (Limousin rye, Oloroso Sherry, Brovo chocolate liqueur, chili tamarind Demerara, house made cumin corriander bitters).
I tried And Just Like That (cranberry infused Stateline vodka, winter spiced syrup, Grand Marnier, Brovo Douglas Fir liqueur, lime, rosemary rinse). A seat finally opened up at the counter by the window...we told the hostess we'd be happy to eat there...however, then a birthday party smashed in behind us at the bar & strangers touching me, nope. She very quickly found us a spot at the chef's counter...sooo much nicer. It was Friday night...of course I ordered their fish fry...it's one of my favorites. 
Round 2 of cocktails: David with one of the drink specials involving Mezcal & chiles, & I'm sipping on an X Marks the Spot (Hamilton White Stache rum, Tattersall coconut aquivit, black sesame coconut syrup, pineapple, lime, pebble ice). We also shared a cheeseburger...why are they SO good?! This one was a bit salty & not as perfect as last time when it was so amazing, David had to order a second one. And...Terrine (Berkshire Hog, foie gras, fig, sherry, pistachio, caul fat, mustard, toast), Chicken Liver Mousse (port onion jam, toast), & Cauliflower (Bagna Couda, golden raisins, crispy cheese, fine herbs). David gave their liver mousse the highest praise...he declared it better than the one at Harvey House. Another fun evening with my love. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment