Thursday, April 6, 2023

Drive-By Truckers // Kate Park // Fire Tattoo

Dress: Macha Mushroom Midi Dress by Louche (size M) via Nuuly
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevog, Unity: Aimee
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet & Belt: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Despite this dress being too big on me...I wore it a bunch...I mean, mushrooms! It's a nice heavy corduroy fabric with pockets in a cute prairie style. I loved it & received endless compliments...it turns out, everyone loves a mushroom frock. 
I am still working on building a belt collection...as much as I adore this vintage metal belt...I would have preferred something tighter that gave this outfit more of a shape. 
I rather liked this sock/shoe combination I came up with...
I also had the right jewelry...it's not obvious here, but...my brown polka dot bracelet had ever so slightly pink dots that matched the ones in the dress. I have some mushroom jewelry favorited on Etsy...I really should have at least one piece. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon, Half-Baked & Hustle eyeshadow by UD, Nutmeg lipliner from NYX, UD lipliner in Roach, Gothica lipstick from Kat von D, Bite Beauty lipstick in Nori, & OPI nail polish in Tulsa Tootsie Roll-a. 
I first wore this outfit to make dinner (Cinnamon & Chile-Rubbed Braised Beef Brisket, served with Spiced Sweet Potato Roasted Fries)...then head over to The Barrymore to see Drive-By Truckers.
They had an actually decent Moscow Mule (canned & made in Madison by Plainspoke) AND real butter on their popcorn...yay! And merch...lots of vinyl...I picked up 4. Clearly, I can't get enough of how sexy I am...sitting in the front row. 
Margo Cilker opened the show...she was good, but I didn't like her as much as I wanted to...which is too bad because she's playing at The Shitty Barn this summer. Then...Drive-By Truckers...who were fabulous, but I wish I would have brought my fancy earplugs. 
Pilates in my Constantly Varied Gear deep sea leggings that I found at Goodwill for a few dollars. I also wore this outfit to work, thrifting, & bellydance class. 
I was especially excited by the cassette tape LuLaRoe dress...it will be perfect to wear to The Sylvee in the summer (they have a wall mural made of tapes). 
I found this vintage 80s paisley E.D. Michaels dress for $5...I would have worn that in middle school. More thrift store try-ons...I really wanted that orange silk Banana Republic dress, but it was a size 2...I had to at least try. Leopard summer robe. If you pay attention to my blog...you might recognize those shoes...they are too small on me, but after seeing them just sitting there unloved for 1/2 a dozen visits...I bought them. They are currently in my closet being stretched...we'll see.
And finally...I wore this dress last Sunday to meet Kate at a park by her house...where we walked & played. 
Swinging on swings...digging in the sand...tetter-tottering.
I like spending time with my girlie! Afterwards...I bopped into Goodwill where all I got was this burgundy velvet Betsey Johnson swing dress. Then...I came home & prepped dinner before heading over to Red Clover for a tattoo appointment. 
Which is near Vinny's, so I tried on a few things...I was sad that vintage dress/jacket was too big on me...it was sparkly...I did get the wool jacket though. Fire! 
Mar added color to my old fire tattoo that they applied white to the last time I was in...now it is brighter & looks like it belongs with my fire woman. It was the most painful of any tattoo I have gotten...it's been 4 days & it *still* hurts. Mar said cover-up tattoos are often more painful...this is a cover-up on a cover-up, plus 2 sessions in 3 weeks of added ink. Ouch! They also very kindly added a few lines that scarring took away from my devil girl tattoo & touched up my blueberries & a bit of leaf outline. Then I came home & made dinner I had prepped...Oven Braised Beef with Harissa & a Shaved Fennel with Olives Salad. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment