Friday, April 21, 2023

Charlie Parr // Wasted in Italy

Dress: Kailani Midi Dress by Cleobella (size M) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Purse: Access Boutique
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Yellow is the color of happiness & mustard is my favorite shade. I decided to do a monochromatic outfit since I had the ideal tights & shoes. I adored this dress with its subtle stripes...I always wonder what I was thinking when I go for a solid color dress...but this one, with all the pretty details, was too good to pass up. In addition to the monochrome stripes, there is also all the layers, the texture, the excellent ruched waistband, lovely sweetheart neckline, & bubble sleeves. This dress has a lining & pockets. The only negative about this dress is it's cotton & came to me needing an ironing (which I never got around to).

I nearly forgot about these shoes. Since they're silk, I keep them in their box...out of sight, out of mind. Not only was the color perfect for this dress...it was the right style. 

The entire reason I have these shoes is because years ago (I could look up the post, but that would take too long)...Kate & I were at the market on the square & a young woman was wearing these...I took a picture & searched online until I found them. I mean, I could have just asked her who made them...but that's the life of an introvert. 
My nails always perfectly co-ordinate with my outfit...but I rarely document it...however, David commented on them, so we took photos. 
I'm going to argue that my lips, bracelet, & some of my nails match my hair rather than the mustard of the dress...therefore, they belong.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch & Starfire; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica lipstick from KVD; Nectar lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics; OPI nail polish in Ochre the Moon & Dazzling Dew Drops; ILNP nail polish in Amber.I first wore this frock to see Char Parr at Stoughton Opera House (ever since David called him that at The Shitty Barn, that is how I think of him). Ced Bae'tche played in the lounge beforehand.
Charlie Parr was excellent, as usual...but I think this was my favorite ever show of his (I've seen him a lot) because of all the awkward stories he told. It's too long to write it all out, but I especially liked his story about his wife sitting him down to say they were getting divorced & then him waiting until she went to bed to sneak up to the attic. The next morning while he was making coffee, she asked him what he was still doing there...he replied, I don't have anywhere to go. He lived in the attic with his ex-wife for 8 years. I'm guessing she had to sell the house to finally get rid of him. 
There was a charming crescent moon in the sky on my way home...but of course pictures don't do it justice. Why am I driving & snapping photos anyway?! Pictures of a meal I made that ended up being amazingly delicious...& easy...Insalata di Arance, from the Via Carota cookbook...served with Mushroom, Sausage, & Peppers from Cooking with Mushrooms...which turned out to be a gem of a book.

From that same cookbook...this delightful recipe for Mushroom Olive Caper Tapenade (I changed it to make it more me). SO good...I made it for wine tasting. 
Wasted in Italy...which is my favorite place I've ever been. I would like to spend a few weeks there...some day. Every once in a while...David has cooler shoes than me...Fluevogs, of course. 
I always have so much fun at these wine gatherings...everyone is so nice...it's a really great group of people.
There were 3 bottles we especially liked, including the one David picked out for us to bring. We didn't want to bother Kate with having to decide since she's currently not drinking for health reasons...I told her that & she said she would have picked something even nicer. Lindsay made Pork Bolognese, which was tasty. 
Taking notes on the wine...we don't just drink for the fun of it. Or perhaps we do...but still, there are tasting notes. I like how we don't get credit for the wine...Lindsay put it down as being from Kate's Cellar...but it *is* in our bomb shelter. 
Some tasty chocolate was passed around. And I enjoyed looking through this Palestinian cookbook, which is now on my library list. I ate too much...& definitely drank too much...but it was a marvelous time. And when we returned home...this vintage mushroom dress I found on Poshmark was waiting for me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment