Thursday, December 29, 2022

Sal's // The Nutcracker

Dress: Amelia Midi Dress by Lisa Says Gah (size XL) via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Chie Mihara: Ulmer in Black Suede & Gold via Poshmark
Earring: etXarte
Necklaces & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
This dress was a dream...cream polka dots on three different background colors...just lovely...& that blush color on top was oh, so flattering to my complexion. I felt both pretty & sexy. Plunging neckline, chiffon fabric, lined...this would be ideal for every season but winter. I could have worn a cardigan but I didn't want to break up the already perfect lines. Great vintage vibe. This dress runs a size big...I'm more of a medium now (in dresses that flare below the waist), so if I'd gotten this in a large, I would have been tempted to buy it. 
This was my first time wearing these black suede & gold polka dotted Chie Mihara shoes I found for a steal on Poshmark ($60 vs $350 original price). I mean, not as good a deal as the ones I found at Vinny's for $8 (~$500 new)...but that doesn't happen every day. It's a good thing I had these shoes as I didn't really have a second choice option other than plain boring black. 
This dress felt soft & ultra feminine to me...so I broke out the pearls. It was blowing & snowing when we took these photos...so there are snowflakes in my hair. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Bourbon; Golden Nugget, Jackpot, & Millennial eyeshadow from Too Faced; NYX lipliner in Nectar; Nars lipstick in Rikugien & Bad Girl, & OPI nail polish in What Wizardry Is This?
I first wore this dress on a snowy day...it was the kind of heavy wet snow that coated all the trees & made everything a winter wonderland. Feeling cute...took truck selfies while David ran back into the house to grab something. 
Better photo of my shoes. Dinner at Sal's in Sun Prairie. We had intended on going to our usual favorite Livingston location, but this menu looked better to us. David had a Smoke & Mirrors (Plantation original dark rum, rosemary honey syrup, Suze, served with a smoked rosemary sprig). My drink of choice...Winter Spiced Marg (ginger infused Lunazul Reposed, St. Elizabeth allspice dram, simply syrup, bitter, lime). 
For starters...we ordered Calamari with Fried Brussels Sprouts...these were amazing. How did I not know they serve these with in season vegetables all year round?! I think the last time we had them was back when they moved into this location & there was no veg. So, it's been a while. Chicken Wings with Alabama White BBQ dipping sauce. This was a rare Sal's miss for us. The first plate our server brought us was so salty they were inedible...& the second try was only a bit better. We had a phenomenal waitress...she was warm & friendly...even when we were complaining. David ordered a Terrance's Favorite Pie (WI mozzarella, house red sauce, Italian sausage, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, caramelized onions). I had to have comfort food...Canestri & Cheese (house made canestri pasta, Hook's 2 year cheddar, cheese sauce, bacon, Calabrese chili, breadcrumbs, SarVecchio, grilled chicken, scallion). 
After dinner...we popped into the Sun Prairie Vinny's...Oh, my goodness...cardigan jackpot! The checker stuffed it all into a big black garbage bag. That pile on the kitchen floor, which is bigger than it looks, is what over $300 in thrifted cardigans looks like. 
The second time I wore this dress...I made David & I a yummy meal from Andy Baraghani's book, The Cook You Want To Be...both recipes were outstanding. Spicy Chicken & Tomato Confit, served with Parmesan-Kale Chip Salad with Tangy Mustard Dressing. After dinner...we went to the Overture Center early to look at the current local artist displays. 
Hi, we're cute...
I was especially interested in the fiber arts...so much amazing talent...how do you make pictures with fabric?!
This veggie one was my favorite...Roots & Shoots by Susan Jackan. 
After soaking in the art...we headed back upstairs to find our seats for The Nutcracker, which Madison Ballet has been doing every Christmas season for 45 years. We'd both seen The Nutcracker before, but not this production & never together. 
We were in the 3rd row & had a great view of the Madison Symphony Orchestra. It was truly lovely & it may just become a holiday tradition...or perhaps we'll alternate between this & A Christmas Carol. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment