Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Fellow Pynins // Christmas Tree Decorating

Dress: Foley Maxi Dress by Free People (size L) via Nuuly
Shoes: Aldo, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
This was a really summery cotton dress to wear in shivery late fall...but such a bright shade of yellow. Great maxi length, pockets, loose fitting...I'd go down a size. The dress buttons all the way up the front, so it would be cute worn as a duster over a tighter fitting outfit. 
This was the day I was released from the hospital...I needed the color of happiness to surround me. 
I don't often get the chance to wear my turquoise jewelry, so that was fun...& I'm not sure I've ever worn these thrift store shoes...maybe once? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Asphyxia & Lucky; Stranded, Wildheart, & Bud eyeshadow by UD; Big Bang lipliner & lipstick from UD; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica lipstick by Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in I'm Not Really A Waitress, topped with Holy Pink Pagoda! I was thrilled to be able to make dinner at home...I was craving salmon cooked correctly, medium rare...& Brussels. I was exhausted & just wanted to curl up in bed, but I wasn't going to let that hospital take anything else away from me...so off to Stoughton I went. I was excited to get back to this Vinny's...& I found 4 more cardigans to add to my collection. I didn't give myself much time to poke around before they closed. Down the street...Fellow Pynins at the Opera House. I adore that they've been having local/independent artists play in the lounge before the show...these guys were good & I would seek them out...but as far as I can tell...I'll never see them play again...Shauncey Ali & Starr Moss. Fellow Pynins amps started making weird sounds a few songs in, so they came to the front of the stage & played acoustically until it was sorted...which I prefer. This husband & wife duo were wonderful & they were fabulous storytellers with great travel adventures to share. They finally covered a seat! They raised money last year to make the original wooden chairs that are over 100 years old more comfortable...& the one they padded first was MY seat...the seat I always buy if it's available. Pretty purple velvet. How does it feel? Not as good as you'd hope...but it will be nice not to have to carry a cushion from home on every visit. The next day...the hospital had made an appointment for me with a plastic surgeon...I didn't question it because it seemed to make sense. The poor doctor was so confused...he thought I was there for an abdominoplasty consult. What?! A lack of clear communication from UW hospital...I'm shocked. He was extremely gracious & spent some time looking over my incisions & talking to me about them. He thought they were all healing just fine. As he typed his notes & spoke them out loud...he said, this patient somehow ended up in my office. Afterwards, I went next door to ANiU to buy some gift certificates & book a facial with Sara...my first since before the pandemic. Back in 2019, into 2020...I was getting a facial every month & it was divine. Violet was being adorable chomping on this block of ice. A new knife for David (not the right weight for me). The 4 new cardigans I picked up at Vinny's...2 are sparkly & I think that gold one is going to be perfect over my NYE dress. Where the Wild Things are crossbody bag!!! How cute is that?! A friend on Facebook posted a larger bag with a different picture, but this is the perfect concert going size for me. Two new floral necklaces from bel monili. ILNP had a sale & I chose some pretty polishes...they have such gorgeous holographic shades. And check out the stunning artwork on the vinyl I got from Fellow Pynins. I haven't placed an order with Sock Dreams in years...I have ALL the socks...however, I do NOT have all the lace tights, until now. And we finally got around to decorating the tree. I feel we must be missing a box of ornaments. It was lovely to see all the Old World & similar blown glass ornaments I've collected over the years. David hung his grandma's stocking ornament with her name on it on our tree & the topper is his grandparent's that they got when they were first married. You can't tell here...but these are the most colorful warm multicolored lights...& include my favorite color, orange. It is so nice & peaceful to sit in our living room with a fire going while gazing at our pretty tree. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment