Monday, December 12, 2022

Squirrel Nut Zippers // Cutting Down Our Christmas Tree

Dress: The Marais Printed Tiered Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size L) via Nuuly
Tights: We Love Colors 
Shoes: Fluevog, Power: Coal
Earrings: Heidi Daus
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: David & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
They make these Marais dresses in such fun patterns...I'm just going to keep wearing them all. As usual...I adore it. This will be my last one in a large though...they run big so I'm going to size down.  

I have to say...I prefer these dresses when I can wear sandals...but any chance to wear Fluevogs...
I love these Coals with their precious wrapped leather soles...I regretted walking on these rocks with them...but they were completely fine. 
I miss this Etsy seller, Flora Lynn, who used to have the very best vintage Czech jewelry...both the necklace & bracelet are from her. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent, Huda Beauty eyeshadow palettes in Coral & Amethyst Obsessions, Pumpkin lipliner by NYX, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Nectar, Mimosa lipstick from Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in DS Luxurious. 
I first wore this dress to go to Stoughton with Angie. Our plan was to have dinner at Wendigo, but they were packed...neither of us thought to make reservations for a Thursday. I briefly considered it, but you had to call or email...so that quickly fell off my radar. We decided we weren't hungry enough to try other places, so Angie introduced me to Stoughton's Vinny's instead. With a large display of hunting gear up front, this did not appear promising. But I ended up leaving with 4 cardigans, 2 dresses, 2 shirts for David, & an Eileen Fisher alpaca coat ($700 retail). 
Then! The Opera House for Squirrel Nut Zippers...who I hadn't seen since the 90s with Shane. They've been having pre-show entertainment in the lounge which is so nice. 
Dr. Sick (fiddle player) made the whole night for me...he was talented & entertaining...not to mention incredibly sexy. This was one of the best shows I've seen all year. They were on fire & it brought back great memories. 
Their new female singer was disappointing to me though...I really loved Katharine Walen's voice & personality so much better. This woman's voice was fine, but she acted like a clown onstage & it was difficult to watch. Everyone else was fantastic. I hope I don't have to wait over 25 years to see them again. 
My Stoughton Vinny's haul...
A few weeks later...I wore this dress again to attend our realtor, Pam's, Christmas party at the tree farm...where we cut down our first tree for our, no longer new, house. 
There were trees, & doggies, & Santa. Also, homemade Christmas cookies, hot cocoa, & cider. 
Our first tree in this house! It's lovely. And this is as far as we got with it on this day. We wanted to thoroughly enjoy the decorating process. I love this tree so much. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment