Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Cooking, Thrifting, & Closet Cleaning Continues

Dress: Paradise Pop Rosemary Fit & Flare Midi Dress by Leota (size L) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Lands' End (size M), thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
I loved all the bright bits of color in this tropical dress. Great fit & length. It's sleeveless, so this could be worn year round. Good dress for work & errands. 
I'm building up my cardigan collection & loved that I had a patterned one to go with this dress rather than a more boring solid. Pattern mixing makes me happy...I may have mentioned that before. 
This is my first time wearing this Bakelite necklace we found at Elkhorn this past season. I've got my cardigan tucked under all my undergarments I'm still wearing after surgery...camisole, sports bra, & faja...it's been a great way to hide all the straps. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Legend, Vinyl, & Vox eyeshadow from Kat von D; UD lipliner & lipstick in Big Bang; Cranberry lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in What Wizardry Is This? 
Oh, Christmas tree. My friend, Martha, came over to visit (I actually wore the blue firefly dress, but...) & brought me some magazines (most I'd never even heard of!) & a couple of books. So nice. After she left...I sat & enjoyed the fire & explored the magazines. 
I needed 2 heads of cauliflower for a recipe...as the cashier rang them up I happened to notice one was just under $20...um, I think that's a mistake...& he was like, nope...that's the price. I guess I'm used to farmers' market prices where those might have been $2-7, depending on the vendor. I should have asked to have them taken off & purchased elsewhere...but it seemed like too much work to go somewhere else. Next time though. Dinner...Thai-Style Sweet & Salty Shrimp, served with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Kimchi & Bacon.  We (David) seem to have become addicted to unusual spices & blends...so we are trying to create more storage space for them. David had the idea of using these grape metal pieces from a spiral staircase we bought to make shelves along the side of the freezer...I think I like it. Poor Violet has a rough time with walking in the neighborhood this time of year because of all the salt...she's not a big fan of booties though...no dog we've ever had can keep these on their feet. 
Dinner: Chicken M'Hammer, served with a Roasted Cauliflower, Hazelnut, & Pomegranate Seed Salad. More storage solutions from Super Boo...he's going to make that concrete area at the bottom of the steps into a pantry. David & I take our vehicles through the carwash most days...& we send each other photos...it's something I started & it makes me smile. I saw this orange vintage blouse on a trip to Vinny's & nearly bought it...but I feel this would look best with pants & I'm just not that person. 
More cardigans for my collection...there was an adorable Talbots one with pears all over (blue & green one in the photo), but it was too pilled for me. Fluevog sale boots...these came with regular laces as well as velvet...I like them both & can't decide. Simple dinner...salmon & butternut squash. 
A week after being released from the hospital...drain check. My output was way below what they needed to be to remove them...yet they made me keep them in. Buying Marsala to make Chicken Marsala. MAK cardigan seen out in the wild at Goodwill...it was in terrible shape. And Chicken Marsala (any decent wine would have been fine), served with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios & Cipollini Onions.
5 more bags of clothes to donate. This is not going as badly as I feared...but also, I haven't touched the dresses yet. An appointment to talk with my plastic surgeon about the chin lift he did for me back in April that I'm not happy with. David got me a purple ukulele!!!
3 cardigans found on my trip to Goodwill...I usually stick to Vinny's, but I will pop into this Goodwill on a regular basis because it's next to our local co-op. Pretty snow on our mums. I apparently liked this carwash photo so much I included it twice. And...Walleye with roasted sweet potatoes with a horseradish dipping sauce. I've been "breading" my fish with pork rinds that I whir up in the food processor & it is far tastier AND low carb. 
I love Gayle's necklace designs over at Green Goddess Vintage. She was having a sale...so...more pretties acquired. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment