Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Too Fat For Health Care

Dress: Lucienne Off-The-Shoulder Maxi by Anthropologie (size 24) via Nuuly (use my link & both of us get $20 off)
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Söfft, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
This dress was a lovely mid-weight rayon/linen blend...the only downside being, it wrinkled easily, but it held its shape & lay nicely. I find any time the shoulders are revealed incredibly sexy...meaning, *I* feel sexy & beautiful...which is how clothing should make you feel. I was able to pull the top up to cover myself more during work, so it was versatile. This dress came with a wide fabric covered belt, but it distracted from the look to me as it already had a built in waistband. There was plenty of dramatic flare in the skirt & I liked the two front slits. The site calls this color red, but it is between a burnt orange & brown. This is a dress that I would wear anywhere...concert, play, party, picnic.
This was my first time wearing these sandals...this dress needed some patent leather shoes. Also...OMG...a new pose...
This is also my first time wearing this vintage necklace & the memory wire bracelet. I adore how the top of my tattoo is peeking out. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper, Double Tap & Golden Nugget eyeshadow from Too Faced, 714 lip liner by UD, Spiderweb lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in A Kiss on the Chic. 
Cuddled up doggies on the fainting couch in my office. One of my favorite quick meals lately...shredded pork carnitas (from Costco) fried with Chihuahua cheese until they get crispy, cilantro, avocado, sour cream...served on romaine lettuce leaves with a squeeze of lime on top...I've been eating it 4x a week. Leaving the gym...we saw this fun Shrek colored car...I love when cars are bright colors. 
I wore this dress to talk to a doctor about getting a knee replacement. They did x-rays & then he talked to me for ~30 minutes. However, the bottom line is...they won't do a knee replacement on anyone with a BMI over 40. So, in order for me to be able to walk again without pain...I would need to weigh 250 pounds, which I most likely will by the end of the year. I get that anesthesia is tricky on obese bodies & that there is a higher risk of infection. I have another appointment in June with an out of town doctor with a history of performing joint replacements on people with a higher BMI. I've been doing my research & if this other doctor will do it, I'm getting my knee replaced. It's been over a year & a half since I've been able to walk without pain, without a cane. I've lost 120 pounds & it's just so discouraging to be told, nope...still too fat for health care. I've also got my diabetes under control, my last A1C was 4.3, so that will definitely help my healing. Listening to DJs on Twitch on a Thursday night. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment