Wednesday, May 5, 2021

50+1 Birthday

Dress: Adair Velvet-Trimmed Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 24) via Nuuly (use my link & we each get $20 off)
Teggings: Re/Dress, RIP
Sandals: Concept by Born, thrifted 
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: bel monili
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
The Birthday Dress! My first Anthropologie outfit...they've been making plus sizes for a while now, but every time I see something I adore...I also think, that's really expensive. So, I am thrilled I can rent them through Nuuly. I mean, I don't wear dresses more than twice typically anyway...it's really the ideal service for me. Also, if I wanted to buy this dress from them, it's $73, 63% off full price. I LOVED this dress...so flowy, bohemian, & gorgeous colors...great fit & length. All the different patterns were outlined in burgundy velvet...it was perfect for me & I felt pretty on my birthday...which is essential, right?! 
Even though it was over 80° on my May 1st birthday...I was comfortable in this thin summer dress & I appreciated the long sleeves for sun protection. 
I believe this is my first time wearing this sunny yellow necklace & perhaps some of the bracelets too. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, Buttercupcake & Flamepoint eyeshadows by Sugarpill Cosmetics, Mediteranee eyeshadow duo by Nars, NYX Suede lipliner in Orange County, Orange Fizz lip stain from Bite Beauty, MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
Birthday Eve...bopping along to the tunes on Twitch.
The first hug in over 14 months! Jason & David both documented it with LOTS of photos...but Jason took a video right at the end at the perfect time...for those of you who don't know, Kate had a breast reduction last fall...
 
All the happiness & smiles for getting to hug my girlie...the best birthday present EVER. We had a small gathering in our backyard...just us, Kate & Jason, and Angie & Toby. David spent so much time setting up the backyard & arranging all our Elkhorn Flea Market finds & my garage sale treasures to make a colorful fun gathering area around the fire pit. 

I am at the end of laughing here because it was SUPER windy out (they issued a warning NOT to have any fires)...& Kate's dress blew up over her head. She doesn't wear anything underneath her dresses. Our first bottle of bubbles matched my dress! Kate picked out several fabulous bottles for us to drink throughout the evening. Rye is such a social dog when we have friends over...he stayed by us all night. Violet was off wandering the yard. 
David had a hose at the ready in case anything or anyone started to smolder. David put all our metal arbors together to form a longer walkway through the yard...Kate & Rye took a dramatic stroll through. David making a variety of mushrooms with bell peppers.  
Then...asparagus...cooked to perfection. I'm not sure how David did it since that pan must get way hotter on the fire than it does on our stove. Lobster tails...my favorite! Cutie Kate in the mushroom dress I got her for her birthday...eating mushrooms & sipping bubbles. 
Shrimp! There were also scallops, but I must have forgotten to take a picture. ALL the seafood. I probably should have lived by an ocean. David roasting some tomatoes over the fire, talking to Toby...& Kate playing around with the solar lantern she got me. Kate & Jason, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. 
Dusk...& the candles are lit...David bought a bunch of colorful candles & it just made me so happy. And finally, it got dark enough for the lantern to turn on...it casts pretty shadows & when I look out our bedroom window at night...it is the only thing lit up in our backyard.
Surrounded by candles. And friends. And dogs. It was a completely wonderful chill birthday with delicious food & lovely bubbles.  
Listening to some New Wave later that night. The next day...David made us an omelet with leftover shrimp, mushrooms, & bell peppers...but what made it spectacular was the euchilada sauce (but perhaps it's called guasacaca, in looking at the menu?) Angie brought us from La Tagurara. Which I only realized when looking it up just now...is next door to my medical clinic...they've been telling me for YEARS how amazing it is. This sauce is awesomely garlicy avocado-y...I just love condiments...I'm going to try making it. Sunday...the return of UnderCovered, with NIN...& Glynn Crytzer & the boys playing songs from 1942. 
More delightful deliciousness left over from my birthday...lobster tails & asparagus...& Angie made me more of the almond cookies that she brought for Easter...OMG...they make the best ever strawberry shortcake. Ending my birthday weekend with DJ Shok...who played some electro swing music from his band Red Light District that I completely fell in love with.


No comments:

Post a Comment