Sunday, May 23, 2021

Clove

Dress: Evelin Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 3x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $20 off)
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
I never could decide if this dress was grey or green...I'm going with green because I don't like grey. The site calls it olive, but they don't always get their colors right. This dress was flowy & feminine...albeit a bit big on me. Great length & the fabric was so light & airy...this dress would be comfortable all summer long, despite the long sleeves. The empire waist is always a favorite of mine, I'd call this a casual dress you could go anywhere in. 
The sleeves were my favorite part of this dress...I also liked the square neck, but because it was too big, my bra would poke out every once in a while. It blew romantically in the wind on this gusty day. 
This Wendy Baker set brought out all the bits of color in the flowers.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline, UD eyeshadow in Fireball, Sparkling Cherry Limeade palette by Violet Voss, Sugarpill Cosmetics eyeshadow in Acidberry, Orange County lipliner from NYX, NYX lipstick in 507, Habanero lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Deutsch You Want Me Baby? 
Friday night goth chicks DJ-ing great music.
My late teenage/early 20s in a bottle...clove cigarette. A collaboration between Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab & Thorns Clothing. Oh, my! It's perfect. This takes me back to summer 1988, sitting on the beach at night with Shane & Zoiy...she'd be smoking cloves, I never could finish one myself...but the smell was mesmerizing & exotic to me back at 18. Then later, it became the smell of goth clubs & darkness. I would have probably immediately bought a few extra bottles, but it appears it's no longer available. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment