Sunday, May 9, 2021

Birthday Bakelite Bracelet

Dress: Ruffle Detail Ria Midi Dress by Hutch (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Chinese Laundry, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
Since the pandemic started, Gwynnie Bee has stopped having first fit models. The problem with that is you don't learn anything about a dress before closeting it...this is a sweater dress...there was NO mention of that in their description (they have since added that the dress is heavier than it looks). The navy & beige leopard print was cute, but the fabric was so heavy that the ruffles in the skirt droop & made the entire outfit look sloppy. The fit was great, but the length was awkward. 
I wore this dress to work to see one client (in person!) & get photos...then immediately sent it back. I did not feel cute in this disaster of a dress. 
I believe this is my first time wearing this matching necklace & bracelet. They came to me in a silver tone, but I applied an antique gold rub n buff to the metal. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD; Natasha Denona eyeshadow in Harlow, Lash Line, & Satin Skin; 714 lipliner from UD; Santa Sangre lipstick by Kat von D; & OPI nail polish in A Kiss on the Chic. 
I bought myself this stunning Brad Elfrink bracelet for my birthday. He carves them himself out of vintage Bakelite & if you don't see his post in the first few minutes...it's SOLD. I love it SO much. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment