Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer Swing Dress

 Dress: Swing Dress by Karen Kane (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit 2 days in a row. On the first day I went garage sale-ing, made lunch for Angie & Super Boo, & worked. The next day I worked & had dinner at Kate's. There was something about this dress...the fabric felt so delightful. Why is it some polyester/spandex blends feel cheap & terrible, while others feel soft & luxurious? I want to know the secret! The vibrant colors & the throw it on & go easiness of this dress made me seek it out during the 4th of July Karen Kane sale, where I was able to buy it for less than GB was asking. GB prices have gotten out of control for used dresses lately. 
Garage sale finds...old metal tool box (plant flowers in?) & other fun things. 
Super Boo & I had Angie over for lunch. He is writing a book & Angie was one of the readers, so he wanted to discuss it with her. I spiralized some summer squash & made pistachio pesto from the basil in our garden & garlic scapes from farmers' market. It is my new favorite meal. 
MAC was having a get $10 off every $50 you spend online sale, so I had to pick up some lipsticks & a new lip Prep + Prime. I forgot I got the face Prep + Prime as a gift...I need to try it. The lipsticks are: Dubonnet, Fresh Moroccan, & So Chaud. 
Dinner at the girlie's! She made us polenta with lots of farmers' market veggies, including fava beans that I shelled. The mulberries Kate picked were sweet & delicious. Also, chocolate. We lulled around in her living room listening to albums on her record player...mostly from bands we've seen at The Shitty Barn. It was the most lovely perfect evening. Thank you, girlie! 
 Pretty girlie in a less than spectacular GB dress.
 I loved all the colors of the dress I picked up in my eyeshadow...
My make-up with this outfit included...Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, Urban, & Thrash eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Electric palette, Gypsy Blue eyeliner from NYX, a mixture of OCC Lip Tar's in Femme & Trollop, & This Color's Making Waves from OPI on my nails. 

1 comment: