Monday, July 27, 2015

Art Fair on the Square

 Dress: Kiwi Print Knit Dress by eShakti (size 4x)
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace & Earring: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this fabulously fun frock to Art Fair on the Square with Super Boo one day & to farmers' market with Kate the following weekend. This was my first knit dress from eShakti & I went down one size from the non-stretch dresses I've gotten from them in the past. It is slightly too big in the bust, but fits great everywhere else. I had had my eye on this playful print for a while, so when the chance came to buy it for $11 (with coupons)...I went for it. I love the print, citrus colors, & style...but the best part...it's cotton. Cotton sounded like a delightful idea on this hot sunny day. Normally, I like to buy clothing & let it sit around for months before actually wearing it...but I wore this the same week it arrived. Also, before it was even delivered to me...it disappeared from the site, as their prints often do. 
We wanted to go to Art Fair on the Square to visit the artist, Bruce Holwerda, we bought all our art for our office from last year & to view his new work. However, after that, it wasn't nearly as much fun since we weren't looking for anything...so that, coupled with the fact that it was blazing hot, helped us decide to end our ogling early & have lunch. 
I should have bought one of those hats...they were adorable! The designer was Fatou Sall, & she doesn't seem to have much of an online presence. 
The Old Fashioned is conveniently located on the square & air conditioned...they also have fun art on their walls. Tasty cheese curds with roasted garlic dipping sauce to share & a walleye sandwich. 
My make-up included...Sugarpill Acidberry eyeshadow, UD Junkshow eyeshadow, MAC's Rubenesque Paint Pot, & a mixture of OCC Trollop & Bite Beauty Blood Orange on my lips. 


1 comment: