Tuesday, July 21, 2015

4th of July Weekend

 Dress: Split Sleeve Dress by Anna Scholz (size 24), bought from the GB Shop
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I basically wore this outfit all of 4th of July weekend. I loved this Anna Scholz dress when I had it from Gwynnie Bee last year. Notice how much better the elastic is in those photos...in both the neck & waist. It is in fabulous shape otherwise, so I am going to see if I can replace the elastic so it fits better. I love the colors in this & the split sleeves. 
The photos of me in this dress were taken on Thursday. Two hours after I went to bed that night, I woke up in pain & ended up in the ER for 12 hours, from 4:30 am to 4:30pm. It turned out to be nothing, however, it messed with the rest of my weekend as my sleep cycle was out of whack. So, when I left the house for a few hours at a time over the weekend...I threw on this same outfit as I was not up to thinking or putting on make-up. 
This sign where we took the photos amused me. We wandered into a restaurant parking lot where classic car drivers gather every Thursday night...the flames were my favorite. Then we got BBQ rib takeout & went home to watch MasterChef Australia. We had to stop watching the U.S. version because we could no longer stomach the condescending shaming way Gordon Ramsey talks to people. The Australian MasterChef is fantastic...the judges give constructive criticism & the contestants are SO amazingly supportive & nice to each other. Based on that show alone...we want to move to Australia. 
Fireworks! When we can't imagine fighting the crowds, we go to the beach to watch the fireworks from a distance. Kate, always a rule follower, brought her box of wine as not to break the no glass rule. However, I will point out that she asked me to bring water & she knows the Pellegrino bottles are glass...but I think that must be alright because she is not the one breaking the rule? 
Sunday I drove Kate out to Lodi so she could hike that section of the Ice Age Trail. On my way back to Madison, I spied a fabulous garage sale! All vintage, lots of oooooooo-ing & aaaaaahhhh-ing. I found a gloriously rusty huge metal wheel that I had to have...as well as this bully dog planter & chartreuse metal pot...oh, there was a big old metal kettle as well that I forgot to take photos of. The only problem was...I had exactly $1 on me as I didn't bring my purse...so I gave that to them with the promise I'd come back to pay & pick up my treasures when I fetched the girlie. 
Cookout at Angie & Toby's! Burgers & Brats on the grill & I finally got the potato salad I'd been craving all weekend. The dogs are jealous of my strawberry shortcake.
My make-up included...

No comments:

Post a Comment