Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Every Day Is Like Sunday

 Dress: Modern Mesh Dress in Cranberry by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Born
Necklace:
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to go out to brunch & run errands with Super Boo. What a lovely burgundy this dress was...it would have been perfect if only the top hadn't been asymmetrical. Now I realize that seems like a silly complaint from someone whose hair is lopsided & only wears one earring...however, observe...one side makes a strapless bra necessary & the other looks like those slings parents carry their babies in...boob in a sling is not a good look for me, but I would have liked it if the other side matched. The color inspired me to break out a necklace from my goth years...& have my pictures taken in a cemetery on this rainy Sunday.
Boob sling...
Kate & I had a delicious brunch several months ago at Cento, so I wanted to take Super Boo there with the $50 gift certificate I won. I had the same thing I had the first time...Porchetta Eggs Benedict with seriously crispy & delicious fried potatoes. And I tried a new cocktail...Schubert Social, made with Limoncello, grappa, orange juice, & seltzer...Yum. Super Boo was not as fortunate with his meal...first his pulled pork panino arrived incredibly over-salted (he has a high salt tolerance), then his onion frittata was hurriedly made & his potatoes were nowhere near as golden brown & tasty as mine were. So disappointing. 
After brunch we headed to Costco to buy a massage chair...I'm not really into massages...but these chairs are amazing. 
I picked up some leopard shoes & a pink cardigan at Savers 50% off sale. 

Getting rained on at the cemetery...
My make-up this day included...MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot; Deep Burgundy eyeliner from Stila; Sonic, Bondage, & Alchemy eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette; Nars lipstick in Golshan; & OPI's Bogota Blackberry on my nails. 

3 comments:

  1. That colour is divine on you! It's a shame about the boob sling but I can see why it's a problem.

    I'm down for anything with Limoncello in it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is divine on you! It's a shame about the boob sling but I can see why it's a problem.

    I'm down for anything with Limoncello in it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is gorgeous on you! I loved this dress on me as well, but don't have enough excuses to dress up. Strapless bras are a challenge though!

    ReplyDelete