Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Lowest Pair with Malcolm Holcombe

 Dress: Evelyn Dress in Bordeaux Estate by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Fly London
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to our last concert at The Shitty Barn for the season. Check out that houndstooth print! I adored the colors, print, fabric, & fit of this well made Igigi frock. However, I thought the placement of lace around the collar gave this dress a western vibe, which is perfect for wearing to a barn I suppose, but it felt out of place to me. I might have liked it better had they added a lace detail elsewhere as well...the cuffs of the sleeves perhaps? The fabric had a nice stretch & the waist was empire, my favorite.
Well, hello there pretty girlie, are you looking at me?? Kate wearing a Hell Bunny dress she bought from GB. 
 Awww, love...Kate & Jason.
Delicious veggie lasagna & Chianti. I am really grateful Enos Farms makes tasty local food so we don't have to pack a picnic every time we visit...thanks!
I should have taken a far away photo so the folding loveseat Kate & Jason were cuddled up in was visible. Me playing with the lorgnette on my necklace. 2 great storytellers...Chris, who owns the barn, often has a good tale to tell while introducing the bands...& Malcolm Holcombe...he was a unique character with lots to say. 
The Lowest Pair were mesmerizing. Kate had seen them earlier in the year at Blue Ox music festival where Palmer had a magnificent manly beard (I think that's what Chris called it). I could have listened to them all night. 
The Lowest Pair performing Pear Tree...
The barn at sunset...& a bonfire after dark...

I will miss this magical place over the winter. Here is the review I wrote for them on Facebook: This place is magical. It should be called The Charming Barn. Seeing bands here is as intimate as your own living room & ruins you for shows anywhere else. I've discovered many new favorite musicians because of this place & rediscovered my love of vinyl, as I add to my collection at each visit so I can bring a little of the barn's magic home with me. 
Face shots...above with our Canon Rebel & below with my iPhone.
My make-up this day included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, NYX Glam Liner, Urban Decay Stargazer eyeshadow, Asylum eyeshadow by Sugarpill, a mixture of Nars Cruella & Apricot by Bite Beauty on my lips, & OPI's Apple of My Eye on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment